Zodiac Aerospace is a world leader in aerospace equipment and systems for commercial, regional and business aircraft and for helicopters and spacecraft. It develops and manufactures state-of-the-art solutions to improve comfort and facilities on board aircraft and high-technology systems to increase aircraft performance and flight safety. Zodiac Aerospace, a Safran* company since February 2018, has 32,500 employees worldwide and generated revenue of 5.1billion euros for its fiscal year ended August 31, 2017. Zodiac Aerospace is listed on the Euronext Paris stock exchange.
* Safran is an international high-technology group, operating in the aircraft propulsion and equipment, space and defense markets. Safran has a global presence, with nearly 58,000 employees and sales of 15.8 billion euros in 2016. Safran is listed on the Euronext Paris stock exchange, and is part of the CAC 40 and Euro Stoxx 50 indices.
For more information: www.safran-group.com and www.zodiacaerospace.com / Follow @Safran and @ZodiacAerospace on Twitter
Solution Architect focuses primarily on the technical aspects of implementation, but provides input to the shaping of technical & business strategies within a multi-site/multi-business unit group. Solution Architect is responsible for leading CAD and PLM system implementation, update, and modification or expansion projects. Reports to Engineering Manager.
Duties and Responsibilities (essential functions):
· Responsible for a multi-site SmarTeam and Catia V5 implementation, strategy, planning, and data migration to deliver a reliable and scalable PLM application.
· Architects, maintains, and upgrades a multi-site SmarTeam system and Oracle database to support Enterprise CAD, PLM, MIS, MRP initiatives and objectives.
· May lead a team comprised of business analysts, developers, database and site administrators, consultants, and other project members to collaborate in planning, analysis, development and testing.
· Leads and develops technical requirements, logical data models design, System Description Documents, Use Case Documents, implementation and migration plans.
· Follows, utilizes and adapts new technology to solve technical problems and business opportunities.
· Drives performance related improvements to the application, database and operating system layers.
· Documents application architecture components and communicate changes throughout the user organization, supporting change management and compliance.
· Performs as PLM contact point for software vendors/consultants to establish, create and execute deliverables.
· Communicates with ERP/MRP team for data hand-off.
· Program Support: CAD/PLM Contract review, customer interface & Data transfers.
· Develops and maintains PLM, CAD and DB Best Practices, Procedures, Methods, Data quality tools and Automation.
· Performs unit, functional and acceptance testing of development and enhancements.
· Supports Cad & SmarTeam & software Installation Issues and technical problems (Catia, ProE, SmarTeam, I-link, MCW, etc...).
· Manages issues affecting SmarTeam Multi-sites DB at off-hours & time zones.
· Performs other duties as assigned.
Qualification Requirements :
Knowledge and Skills:
· PLM design and deployment.
· In-depth understanding of enterprise architecture environments, PLM dependency relationships, States, Workflows, CAD types, Data Types, and lifecycle.
· Strong technical solution analysis, synthesis, design, and delivery competencies.
· Experience in managing implementation challenges in the area of architectural, design, integration, and infrastructure.
· Strong Infrastructure Architecture skills with understanding of Web/Application Server architecture, File Vault/Storage management & Security management.
· Exposure to manufacturing planning and/or hand-off of PLM data (BOM) to ERP.
· Able to effectively communicate technical concepts to both technical and non-technical staff members.
· Ability to work with cross-functional team consisting of developers, vendors, and business users.
· Must possess excellent organization skills including planning and coordinating work assignments to meet project milestones or completion dates.
· Ability to develop detailed technical infrastructure designs and specifications, process and maintenance documentation.
· A subject matter expert in CAD & PLM technology and engineering processes.
Education and Experience:
· Minimum of Bachelor of Science (B.S.) Degree in Engineering or Computer Science.
· 3-5 years of experience administering or using high end CAD tool and PDM/PLM systems in a product manufacturing industry
· 2 years of SmarTeam implementation and upgrade experience
· Oracle Release 10G/11G database and scripting experience preferred
· 3 years of experience leading and facilitating business requirements, solution definition and design, and application configuration, testing and implementation
Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Statement
It is the policy of Zodiac Aerospace to provide equal employment opportunity to all individuals regardless of their race, color, religion, sex, sexual preference, gender identity, pregnancy, age, national origin, disability, military or veteran status, citizenship status, genetics, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, and local laws. We are strongly committed to this policy and believe in the concept and spirit of the law.
If you are applying for a job in the United States and need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please email our Human Resources Department at and let us know the nature of your request and contact information. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address.