Description de l'offre
Zodiac Aerospace, Advanced Composites Division is a leader in design, fabrication, machining, and assembly of composite interior and primary structural products. Our talented team of employees ensure the highest level of standards required by our customers from both the commercial and military Aerospace industry. We offer a comprehensive pay and benefits package, great co-workers, and a stable work environment. We promote safe work practices and recognize the value of safety throughout the organization.
The Shipping Supervisor leads the shipping activities for the site. This is a working supervisor role. Supervise the work and flow of the Shipping Team. Manage the HR aspects of the Shipping Team. Reports to the Shipping Manager, or other Material Control Leader. Verify and keep records on incoming and outgoing shipments. Prepare items for shipment. Duties include assembling, addressing, stamping, and shipping merchandise or material; receiving, unpacking, verifying and recording incoming merchandise or material; and arranging for the transportation of products.
Summary of Duties:
· Examine contents and compare with records, such as manifests, invoices, or orders, to verify accuracy of incoming or outgoing shipment.
· Prepare documents, such as work orders, bills of lading, and shipping orders to route materials.
· Record shipment data, such as weight, charges, space availability, and damages and discrepancies, for reporting, accounting, and record keeping purposes.
· Determine shipping method for materials, using knowledge of shipping procedures, routes and rates.
· Deliver or route materials to departments, using work devices such as hand tools, power tools, and postage meter.
· Confer and correspond with establishment representatives to rectify problems, such as damages, shortages, and nonconformance to specifications.
· Requisition and store shipping materials and supplies to maintain inventory of stock.
· Contact carrier representative to make arrangements and to issue instructions for shipping and delivery of materials.
· Compute amounts, such as space available, and shipping, storage, and demurrage charges, using calculator or price list.
Education: High school diploma or equivalent is preferred
Administrative, Shipping and previous leadership experience is required
Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word and Excel), ERP system, and Windows operating system
Highly organized with exceptional customer service skills required
Physical Demands and Working Environment:
· Standing, sitting and walking throughout the workday
· Work will be done in a production shop environment which may include exposure to noise, dust, fumes and carbon fiber
· Possible skin and inhaled contact with various sealants, paints, adhesives or other chemicals.
· Proper PPE is defined and required for specific work area.
· Industry standard safety equipment is provided by the company and specific notice is posted in areas where safety equipment is required.
Access to our facility (and, therefore employment) is restricted under the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) and/or Export Administration Regulations (EAR) to US Citizens, lawful permanent residents of the United States and properly licensed foreign persons.
Zodiac Aerospace is a federal contractor subject to the requirements of the Vietnam Era Veterans Readjustment Assistance Act.
Zodiac Aerospace is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request an accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access our application process as a result of your disability. To request an accommodation, contact the Human Resources Department at 360-653-2211 (only calls for an accommodation request will be responded to at this number).