Description de l'offre
Zodiac Aerospace is a world leader in aerospace equipment and systems for commercial, regional and business aircraft and for helicopters and spacecraft. It develops and manufactures state-of-the-art solutions to improve comfort and facilities on board aircraft and high-technology systems to increase aircraft performance and flight safety. Zodiac Aerospace, a Safran* company since February 2018, has 32,500 employees worldwide and generated revenue of 5.1billion euros for its fiscal year ended August 31, 2017. Zodiac Aerospace is listed on the Euronext Paris stock exchange.
* Safran is an international high-technology group, operating in the aircraft propulsion and equipment, space and defense markets. Safran has a global presence, with nearly 58,000 employees and sales of 15.8 billion euros in 2016. Safran is listed on the Euronext Paris stock exchange, and is part of the CAC 40 and Euro Stoxx 50 indices.
For more information: www.safran-group.com and www.zodiacaerospace.com / Follow @Safran and @ZodiacAerospace on Twitter
Production Technician performs various aerospace production processes including press, layup, deco, assembly, fill & fair, bonding, as well as hand trim and final assembly. Production Technicians manufacture and assemble various components to construct commercial aircraft interiors.
SCOPE OF POSITION
Production Technician I reports to the Production Supervisor. The Production Technician I does not have any authority over other employees.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
· Using hands, will manufacture and assemble various components to construct commercial aircraft interiors.
· Adheres to company and customer specifications, work instructions, engineering prints and work orders.
· Documents the materials used in the process to maintain traceability.
· Builds sub assemblies of aircraft components, such as:
· Lay-up and trim composite panels (Fiberglass Experience applicable)
· Installs inserts and applies edging material
· Fill and fair panels as necessary per the established specification or customer limits (Auto body/Bondo experience applicable)
· Paint surfaces (Auto body experience a plus)
· Wrap panels (Vinyl wrapping experience applicable)
· Assemble components (Carpentry and Construction experience applicable)
· Forming of aluminum trim extrusions, fiberglass laminates and other materials for completion of the sub assemblies, parts or structures.
· Assembles aircraft structures and units, such as:
· Bonds and attaches the sub assemblies to the structure/unit.
· Attaches the hardware and some electrical components.
· Safely handles various regulated materials used in the process.
· Must carefully handle raw material and manufactured parts to ensure the integrity and quality is not compromised by handling.
· As business conditions change it is necessary that all employees productively react and handle other essential tasks as assigned now or in the future.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
· High School Diploma or GED required
· Knowledge of “shop math” including use of measurement tools preferred
· Familiarity with blueprint reading preferred
· Ability to meet deadlines required
· Ability to use a variety of hand tools required
· Must be self-directed and take initiative on projects
· Customer Focus – solicits and uses feedback for continuous improvement. Strives for quality and excellence.
· Accountability – takes a no excuses approach to making things happen. Takes responsibility for own actions and results.
· Collaboration – Establishes collaborative relationships to achieve objectives
· Communication – Excellent interpersonal and communication.
· Ability to work independently and efficiently
· Must be self motivated.
OTHER REQUIRED SKILLS AND ABILITIES
· Computer experience and/or knowledge of MS Word, Access and Excel preferred
· Ability to work different shifts preferred
· Ability to work overtime required
· Attention to detail required
· Manufacturing environment. Dusty high noise levels, require hearing protection.
· Standard workweek often exceeds 40 hours/week.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Statement
It is the policy of Zodiac Aerospace to provide equal employment opportunity to all individuals regardless of their race, color, religion, sex, sexual preference, gender identity, pregnancy, age, national origin, disability, military or veteran status, citizenship status, genetics, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, and local laws. We are strongly committed to this policy and believe in the concept and spirit of the law.
If you are applying for a job in the United States and need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please email our Human Resources Department at and let us know the nature of your request and contact information. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address.