Zodiac Seats US, a segment of Zodiac Aerospace, is one of the world's top manufacturers of commercial aircraft seats for airlines and major aircraft manufacturers today. Our primary manufacturing facility is located on a half-million-square foot campus in Gainesville, Texas (approximately 60 miles north of Dallas/Fort Worth). Visit www.zodiacaerospace.com to learn more.
ZODIAC SEATS US - 'The airplaine seat asked for by name.'
Support manufacturing processes in the complete Product Life-Cycle Management for New Product Development (NPD), Manufacturing Planning, and Production Support, to develop processes in building, tooling, and planning all manufacturing processes to support fabrication, sub-assembly and installations level components for commercial aircraft seats. This is a high-level summary for career progression, time-line, education, and individual and supervisory pathing within the Manufacturing Engineering organization. Career planning can will be functional in NPD, Planning, and Production Support for NPD and Project M.E.’s, promotion considerations are managed by the supervisor.
Support of Design for Manufacturability and participation in lean improvement activities are required. Works closely with Engineering, Quality, Tooling, and Operations Program Management, and shop personnel, to resolve issues, increase productivity, and eliminate ergonomic problems, and waste.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
New Product Development (Phase Gate 1-5) : Completes early design manufacturability concept analysis for manufacturability, build methodology, value trade studies, advanced MBOM’s, tooling concepts, planning for details, subs, and installation work instructions for production validation and readiness, to include ergonomics, cycle time, cost and weight efficiencies. Development of program play books for build schedules, tooling, processes, support DFM reviews, new technology symposiums, and advanced technologies as required. Drive a Continuous Improvement culture for DFM, to protect product quality in cost, weight and cycle reductions. Lead Phase gate 3 design, tooling and process walks to engage the shop in the “Voice of the Customer” process.
Project Planning (Phase Gate 4-6) : NPD or Manufacturing Planning. Review and plan initial release and revision changes for engineering design pre-rlsd and release drawings and parts lists, for all detail’s, sub-assemblies, and installation level planning. Write TWO’s, create part masters, structure MBOM’s and compare to EBOM’s for mis-compares. Plan with a 95% MBOM structure accuracy. Review part status for “Active, Inactive, and Obsolesence”, coordinate with Configuration Manage Engineering, and PC&L on inventory for Work Breakdown Structure and disposition. Develop and execute modification coordination planning for late changes, engage the IPT for late EC incorporation decisions to set serial and create short/long term planning cut-in to meet customers’ expectations.
Production Support (Phase Gate 5>) : Fabrication or Assembly. Support daily production build process to meet production demands, by minimizing disruptions with MRR and Scrap analysis, closed loop RCCA for design, process, and SCM feeder streams. Look for process inefficiencies’ to make the process and products better, with tooling, sequencing, and design efficiencies. Initiate DCN’s to engineering, write ARR’s for re-work, and initiate RCCA with internal and external suppliers, design, and mfg planning for functional support. Coordinate upcoming ECR changes to the SLF programs. Quickly recognize abnormal process thru “sight, sound, ergonomics, and process walks”.
Knowledge and Skills:
· Fundamental to advanced knowledge of production methods, process capabilities, tooling processes, and good manufacturing processes.
· Must be capable of preparing well-written reports, and presentations.
· Knowledge of manufacturing and related operations with; detailed knowledge of product design, engineering (design, certification, and M+P), tool design, fabrication and use, ergonomics and EHS, support equipment, and fabrication equipment, and use of a QMS.
· Knowledge and experience in Lean Manufacturing principles preferred, continuation training will be supplied.
· Strong knowledge of all Microsoft Office software and Operating Systems
· Able to lead teams towards defined objectives, with on time execution to program objectives.
· Able to work collaboratively with cross functional teams, and engage in healthy debate.
Education and/or Experience:
· B.S degree in a related technical field (eg: Industrial Engineer, Mechanical Engineer, Manufacturing Engineer/Technology, Aeronautics Engineer, or Electrical Engineer) or an Associate degree with 6 years related experience or 12 years of job related experience
· .Additionally one to three years of manufacturing experience preferred.
· Six Sigma or Lean certification preferred.
· Catia V.5 or > design modeling a plus.