Auto req ID
Group Trucks Operations
Technical Preparation Engineer, Quality & Engineering, Group Trucks Operations, Bangalore
Volvo Group Trucks Operations encompasses the production of state-of-the-art products for the truck brands of the Volvo Group, as well as Volvo Group engines and transmissions, through an international world class industrial environment.
The Volvo Group and Isuzu Motors have signed a non-binding Memorandum of Understanding with the intent to form a strategic alliance within commercial vehicles in order to capture the opportunities in the ongoing transformation of the industry.
As part of Volvo – Isuzu strategic alliance , the ownership of UD trucks will be transferred from Volvo Group to ISUZU Motors from Jan 1 st 2021.
Hence this job will be in Volvo Group Trucks Operations till end of year 2020 and then will be transferred to UD Trucks from Jan 1 st 2021.
We are now looking for a Technical Preparation Engineer (TPE) in Chassis and Final Assembly (CFA).
In this role you will be reporting to the GTO Q&E Director Bangalore till end of 2020 and then afterwards you will be reporting to UD Trucks Operations Director Bangalore.
The CFA TPE is part of the global GTO organization responsible for product being the interface to Group Trucks Technology (GTT).
The CFA TPE will be trained (theory + on job) in handling all sort of TPE activities pertaining to UD trucks.
The mission of a TPE is to secure that GTT delivers a product that is verified & aligned with Volvo Production System and Future Factory Concept. The TPE will establish clear and commonly shared product requirements for one's dedicated area of responsibility.
The TPE has to effectively coordinate and trigger activities of Manufacturing Engineers within GTO. To secure that product changes are introduced in the industrial system without disturbance, according to set targets.
· Coordinate activities between GTT engineering and the GTO production engineering ensuring that manufacturing product requirements are implemented into new product designs.
· Review, participate in, insure production readiness, and co-ordinate implementation of new designs and changes through the product implementation stages (DVP).
· Assures compliance with all applicable manufacturing policies and procedures relating to
his/her area of responsibility.
· Represent GTO towards GTT product engineering in area of responsibility.
· Set technical requirements on product (incl. routing, ergonomic… etc.).
· Secure PhM, MP and B/C interfaces in product project in area of responsibility.
· Support routing development and validation according to MAA process when needed.
· Verify the product manufacturing readiness (PPR) along the development based on Virtual and / or Physical
· Manufacturing Verification to approve the technical solutions.
· Recommend Assembly distribution between GTO plants.
· Create and deliver Delta T estimation.
· Pronounce technical ok prior to the approval of product structure launch into downstream systems.
· Support project builds.
· Manage GTO project and maintenance Protus reports.
· Support different communities with Expert competences (Virtual Manufacturing, Task Forces, etc..). Key target and results
· Decrease number of parts and product diversity.
· Decrease assembly time and standard cost of sales.
· Enhance ergonomics and assembly environment.
· Increase manufacturing flexibility.
· Implement physical module strategy.
· Timely delivery of Technical Preparation documentation.
· Virtual verification. Competence
· BE/BTech in Mechanical engineering or equivalent
· Minimum 5 years of automotive experience from engineering or manufacturing Skills:
· Good understanding of vehicle functionality
· Knowledge about vehicle development and production processes
· Knowledge of the product structure (parts, variants & offering) documentation
· Excellent verbal and written skills in English Personal characteristics:
· Have personal interest in technology
· Have an open multi-cultural mind-set
· Be a network builder and have good communication skills
· Be business and customer oriented
· Have good negotiation skills,
· Ability to take initiatives
For further information, please contact:
Ali MULLA, Director, Quality and Engineering, Group Trucks Operations, Bangalore
Jyothi BONDGA, HR, Group Trucks Operations, Bangalore
Technical Preparation Engineer - Chassis and Final Assembly
Travel Required (maximum)
The Volvo Group drives prosperity through transport solutions, offering trucks, buses, construction equipment, power solutions for marine and industrial applications, financing and services that increase our customers' uptime and productivity. Founded in 1927, the Volvo Group is committed to shaping the future landscape of sustainable transport and infrastructure solutions. Countless career opportunities are offered across the group's leading brands - Volvo, Volvo Penta, UD Trucks, Terex Trucks, SDLG, Renault Trucks, Prevost, Nova Bus, Mack, Eicher, Dongfeng Trucks and Arquus.
Volvo Group Trucks Operations encompasses all production of the Group's engines and transmissions, as well as all production of Volvo, Renault and Mack trucks. The organization is responsible for spare parts supplies to the Group's customers as well as for designing, operating and optimizing logistics and supply chain for all brands, production facilities and distribution centers where the Volvo Group operates. In Volvo Group Trucks Operations you will be part of a diverse team of highly skilled professionals who work with passion, trust and embrace change to stay ahead. We make our customers win.
Last application date
State / Province