Auto req ID
We are now in a need for a senior frontend developer to our new connectivity and fleet management system for Volvo's shiny new construction machines (excavators, haulers, wheel loaders). You will play an important role in the enhancements and further development of this system. In this role, you will be able to take a broad responsibility and to grow within the assignment. You will learn the existing product and develop the new. You will be interacting with many parts of our own, and other business areas within the organization, to deliver according to the market plans. The connectivity system is a central part of our delivery, providing advanced features for the operator and the dealer. We have a great and exciting journey ahead and we now offer you a chance to be part of this.
This new connectivity and fleet management system consist of an app & dashboard, together with the telematic system.
What can we offer you?
You will be part of a fresh and talented team that creates great results through awesome people, strong relationships and a high performance culture. We want to set a new standard for user experience, speed to market and customer value. We will do this through modern leadership, people in focus and a true passion to really make a difference. We who work in this team have a lot of fun, are great collaborators and we all consider ourselves as leaders of our work and owners of our results. Some of us like heavy metal, some listen to classic music. We are skilled and passionate about what we do. We help each other and have a coaching approach. We are NOT besser wisser's.
Being based in Lindholmen Science Park in Gothenburg, you will work in the heart of a vibrant area that lives and breathes new technology like IoT, AI, autonomous driving, electro mobility and digitalization.
· Develop and maintain new functions to meet complex and diverse needs of the users
· Initiate and contribute to improvements from technical, functionality and user experience perspective
· Deploy, operate and maintain applications throughout their lifecycle
· Analyze intent of, and actively contribute to, improvements and expansion of high-level requirements
· Last but not least, continuously reflect upon how we are doing things and where we can improve
· Work in an agile way, show & tell and change according to customer feedback Your profile
We are looking for frontend developers with superpowers! You have excellent analytical skills; you are a great problem solver, passionate about technology and love developing software applications!
In our team, we are curious about new technology and have a “can do” attitude, solving our challenges together, making sure to complete each sprint as planned. We would like our new colleagues to have this same curiosity, drive and being a team player.
Your personality is your major reason for success, but we think you have:
· Some years of working experience as frontend Application Developer, but we also recognize experience through your own hobby projects
· Very strong skills of React
· Experience of state management libraries such as Redux
· Experience with one or more object oriented languages such as Java, C# or Python
· Experience with Test frameworks and test automation.
· Experience with query languages such as GraphQL
· Experience of Material Design will help you in the assignment
· Experience of agile way of working
· Fluent in English - both written and spoken
· Valid work-permit for Sweden, if not EU-citizen Merits:
· M.Sc. degree in software engineering, computer science or similar
· DevOps methodologies and continuous integration
· Knowledge in micro service architecture and AWS cloud services
· Experience with event driven systems and websocket programming
· Experience with asynchronous server side programming
· Understanding of user experience design
· Understanding of CLEAN architecture and DRY programming
· Experience with source code management systems such as GIT Welcome to the heart of connectivity at Volvo Group Connected Solutions!
For more information please contact
Hedberg Peter, Manager Productivity Services, +46 739028081
Talented Front End Developer
Travel Required (maximum)
No Travel Required
The Volvo Group drives prosperity through transport solutions, offering trucks, buses, construction equipment, power solutions for marine and industrial applications, financing and services that increase our customers' uptime and productivity. Founded in 1927, the Volvo Group is committed to shaping the future landscape of sustainable transport and infrastructure solutions. Countless career opportunities are offered across the group's leading brands - Volvo, Volvo Penta, UD Trucks, Terex Trucks, SDLG, Renault Trucks, Prevost, Nova Bus, Mack, Eicher, Dongfeng Trucks and Arquus.
Volvo Group Connected Solutions is a global organization that leads the development of Volvo's connected services and solutions of tomorrow. We work at the forefront of connectivity by collecting and analyzing data from over 1 000 000 Volvo customer assets. The organization is set-up to deliver competitive offerings, shorten time to market and provide an arena for new service innovations together with customers, partners and the Volvo Group.
Come and visit us online !
Last application date
State / Province