Auto req ID
Group Trucks Technology
Complete Vehicle contributes to deliver the right Products & Services to all Volvo Group brand customers according to product segmentation and brand positioning. In Complete Vehicle we are a team of specialized functions with various responsibilities: Aftermarket technology developing aftermarket solutions for the brands; FVV breaking down features to technical requirements, as well as verifying and validating products and services; Product Design translating the soul of the brand to a product message; Product Builds delivering all truck and component builds; Special Vehicle Development developing niche products.
In Complete Vehicle we are close to end customers, understanding their needs and behaviors. Our engaged teams have a holistic view of the entire truck and bring hands-on truck experience.
Aftermarket Technology provides Volvo Trucks, Renault Trucks, Mack Trucks, UD Trucks, VECV and partly Volvo Construction Equipment, Volvo Bus and Volvo Penta with the best possible solutions supporting their aftermarket business. Thanks to our deep technical, business and customer knowledge, we deliver solutions and services for the salesmen, the mechanics and parts personnel at dealerships and other service points such as Spare Parts Assortment, Parts Information, Diagnostics and Repair Information, Service Planning and supporting systems solutions and tools. In Aftermarket Technology we aim at securing that Volvo Group Truck vehicles can be easily maintained to secure uptime. Aftermarket Technology teams are working close to engineering functions as well as to end customers and are located in Hagerstown, Greensboro, Lyon, Gothenburg, Curitiba, Ageo, Bangalore and Brisbane.
Would you enjoy being part of the complete part life cycle including development, introduction, growth, maturity and decline?
Would you like to contribute to Volvo group's profitability while helping our dealers and improving uptime and customer satisfaction?
If yes, this job is for you!!
· Developing spare part assortments.
· Judging new parts (Spare part=Y or Spare part=N).
· Time setting and releasing parts.
· Investigating if old part can be replaced by the new one.
· Maintaining the Common Spare Parts Assortment Policy (CSPAP).
· Proposing and anchoring re-engineering and rationalization suggestions with
· commercial representatives.
· Informing Spare Part Engineers about results and learning from re-engineering
· and phase out activities. Education, Experience, Knowledge and Skills
· Minimum of BS Engineering (Mechanical, MSME preferred)
· Minimum of 3years of experience in an engineering environment with 2 years of automotive or heavy truck engineering
· Engineering design experience
· Leadership Competencies
· Action Oriented
· Customer Focus
· Communicates Effectively
· Values Differences
· Reports to: Spare Parts Engineering and Information Greensboro Engineering Group Manager
Spare Parts Engineer
Travel Required (maximum)
The Volvo Group is one of the world's leading manufacturers of trucks, buses, construction equipment and marine and industrial engines under the leading brands Volvo, Renault Trucks, Mack, UD Trucks, Eicher, SDLG, Terex Trucks, Prevost, Nova Bus, UD Bus, Sunwin Bus and Volvo Penta.
Volvo Group Trucks Technology provides Volvo Group Trucks and Business Area's with state-of-the-art research, cutting-edge engineering, product planning and purchasing services, as well as aftermarket product support. With Volvo Group Trucks Technology you will be part of a global and diverse team of highly skilled professionals who work with passion, trust each other and embrace change to stay ahead. We make our customers win.
Last application date
State / Province
US Disclaimer text
Volvo Group North America is an Equal Opportunity Employer
We Participate in E-verify