Auto req ID
If you are ready for meaningful challenges, eager to make a difference and to go the extra mile, we invite you to apply to become a Regional Dealer Support Representative with our company. At Volvo Penta, we are a highly innovative company that supports our team members in achieving their goals while at the same time helping to make our customers successful.
We strive for balance and believe that actively prioritizing a high level of diversity in our workforce creates competitive advantage. It is our people that make the difference!
Innovation is in our DNA
Volvo Penta is a world-leading supplier of engines and complete power systems for marine and industrial applications – both at land and sea. Region Americas is responsible for marketing, sales and customer support activities on the American continents. In this position, special focus should be given to support our dealers and our growing Industrial segment, besides our already strong Marine segments. This role is pivotal in meeting Volvo Penta's targets concerning customer satisfaction and short lead times in customer support activities.
AREA OF RESPONSIBILITY This is a field-based position. The candidate for this position should be located in the US, near a major airport.
The permanent position of Regional Dealer Support Representative–Seven Marine has a key role in Volvo Penta Region Americas in order to provide direction to the assigned dealer base ensuring effective and profitable service operations, as well as monitoring user satisfaction in all service business development and customer satisfaction initiatives. He/She will act as a business consultant to assist in process improvement and support for customers and assigned Dealers. He/She will also support field problem solving in areas of quality and technical support, acting as a strong liaison between dealers and the manufacturer. This position requires representation of Volvo Penta marine leisure, marine commercial and industrial segments. The position also requires a high degree of financial confidentiality and personal integrity.
· Work with the assigned Dealers management groups and principals to ensure effective operations are provided to service customers and provide recommendations of area to improve and monitor progress
· Promote the training and usage of appointed programs to improve the overall customer experience
· Assist dealer in minimizing customer down time by improving dealer processes within the customer service area
· Ensure Dealer maintains or exceeds minimum Dealer Operating Standards (DOS) and assist the Dealer Distribution team by providing accurate DOS reports
· Document Activities and Actions in order to track progress during follow up reviews
· Work with the Dealer Distribution team in searching out and renewing service locations whenever necessary and/or recommend non-renewals or terminations whenever necessary
· Provide dealers with training on preferred business practices using Volvo Penta electronic systems for Volvo Penta Partner Network (VPPN), Unified Claims Handling Process (UCHP), Electronic Parts Catalogue (EPC), Global Training Academy (GTA), Vodia (Volvo Penta diagnostic tool), and Volvo Penta's electronic case management system (ARGUS)
· Investigate dealer/distributor/customer product complaints and make on-site decisions to resolve them expeditiously and within VPA warranty and goodwill guidelines
· Investigate safety incidents and address then into the quality process
· Support dealers on complex service issues and provide management reports on product quality issues
· Provide management with weekly and bimonthly schedules via MS Outlook Calendar
· Ensure that all necessary paperwork, including case details, major component orders, and warranty authorizations are processed in a timely manner
· Perform limited audits of the dealer's warranty department to ensure compliance to Volvo Penta policies
· Develop and maintain a high level of best business practices and technical proficiency in marine leisure, marine commercial and industrial products
· Achieve quantitative objectives within assigned area of responsibility as assigned by the Manager of Service, Region Americas EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
· Bachelor's Degree in business, technical or related field; or equivalent combination of education and experience
· Minimum (5) five years marine and/or industrial retail trade experience or equivalent, preferably in a service management role
· At least 1 year experience in retail dealership operations preferred
· Technical Certificates preferred – e.g. auto, truck, equipment, engines, drives, etc.
· Volvo Penta certifications are a plus
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS
Volvo Penta Region Americas offers a competitive salary with an excellent benefits package that includes health, life, dental and vision plans as well as a 401(k) with a company match incentive and a robust pension plan.
Disclaimer: The above statements are intended to describe the general level of work being performed by persons assigned to the classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties and skills required of the job. Printed copies may not be the most current. Volvo Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Affirmative Action employer. E.O.E./M/F/D/V.
Regional Dealer Support Representative-Seven Marine
Travel Required (maximum)
The Volvo Group is one of the world's leading manufacturers of trucks, buses, construction equipment and marine and industrial engines under the leading brands Volvo, Renault Trucks, Mack, UD Trucks, Eicher, SDLG, Terex Trucks, Prevost, Nova Bus, UD Bus, Sunwin Bus and Volvo Penta.
With Volvo Penta , a world-leading supplier of engines and complete drive systems for marine and industrial applications, you will be part of a global and diverse team of highly skilled professionals who works with passion, trust each other and embraces change to stay ahead. We make our customers win.
Last application date
State / Province
US Disclaimer text
Volvo Group North America is an Equal Opportunity Employer
We Participate in E-verify