Auto req ID
Group Trucks Technology
Description of thesis work : Predictive chemical model for DOC/DPF/SCR catalytic systems used for Diesel engine emission after-treatment
Develop an after-treatment model (oxidation, selective catalytic reduction, etc) and validate it based on engine test rig and synthetic gas bench results as well data data from catalyst manufacturer and literature.
· Literature study of the available kinetic equations (activation energies, different mechanisms for modelling DOC, DPF and SCR functions, etc) for Diesel engine after-treatment
· Establish kinetic equations based on data analysis from engine bench tests performed at Volvo Powertrain, synthetic gas bench and catalyst manufacturers; Propose tests on engine and on synthetic gas bench, perform them and analyze the data
· Identify ageing and poisoning mechanisms and embed them in the model
· Develop concepts to tune an after-treatment model for DOC, DPF and SCR; calibrate and validate the model;
· Use simulation tool to integrate the model with focus on the software transfer
· Communicate about methodologies and results and participate in increasing the knowledge in this field
· Chemical engineering school or master degree in chemistry (Bac+5) with knowledge in catalytic chemistry and simulation; knowledge in automotive chemistry is a plus;
· Good skills in English; good redaction and presentation skills;
· Structured and analytical, highly organized with planning and research skills;
· Curious, thinking out of the box and perseverant in complicated tasks;
· Proactive and like taking responsibility;
· Enjoy team work and contribute with team spirit.
Thesis Level: PhD
Language: English / French
Starting date: March 2017
Country - To display Flexible positions, type in Flexible.
PhD thesis: Predictive chemical model for DOC/DPF/SCR catalytic system
The Volvo Group is one of the world's leading manufacturers of trucks, buses, construction equipment and marine and industrial engines under the leading brands Volvo, Renault Trucks, Mack, UD Trucks, Eicher, SDLG, Terex Trucks, Prevost, Nova Bus, UD Bus, Sunwin Bus and Volvo Penta.
Volvo Group Trucks Technology provides Volvo Group Trucks and Business Area's with state-of-the-art research, cutting-edge engineering, product planning and purchasing services, as well as aftermarket product support.
With Volvo Group Trucks Technology you will be part of a global and diverse team of highly skilled professionals who work with passion, trust each other and embrace change to stay ahead. We make our customers win.
Last application date