Auto req ID
Group Trucks Operations
Volvo Group Trucks Operations (GTO) is the truck industrial entity within the Volvo Group responsible for Truck manufacturing, including Cab & Vehicle Assembly, Powertrain Production, Logistics Services, Parts Distribution and Remanufacturing. Hagerstown's group function is Powertrain Production. Powertrain production is one of the world's largest manufacturers of heavy-duty diesel engines for commercial vehicles. Powertrain production provides diesel engines and transmission systems to the Volvo Group Business Areas.
We are currently looking for students to work with our production teams as a Quality Engineering co-op. You should be prepared to work in a challenging and fast-paced environment; gaining experience and knowledge in various aspects of manufacturing. As a valued member of our team within GTO, you will have the opportunity to work directly on production focusing on increasing efficiency and quality while utilizing your engineering education and continuous improvement mindset. GTO's goal is to contribute to your development, as well as providing an opportunity to work in a business environment within the manufacturing industry.
· Quality and production process review and improvements.
· Data Analysis and Quality Improvement.
· Calculate Descriptive statistics and perform exploratory data analysis.
· Communicate and visualize data through MS Office Suite (Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)
· Assist in follow-up: reports, process mapping and flow charts.
· Support data collection improvements.
· Help facilitate continuous improvement and identify opportunities on your own to implement.
· Participate in functional meetings.
· Participate in project planning, implementation and improvements.
· Drive lean methodology.
· Work with the production teams to reduce non-value add activities. Critical Competencies:
· Strong analytical skills and understanding of database systems, data elements and application software solutions to optimize data gathering and analysis.
· Attention to Detail: Provide accurate data and reports that are pertinent to the team's tasks
· Teamwork: Building cooperation among individuals and departments, sharing information and resources, and working to achieve group goals and outcomes.
· Communication: Listen effectively, transmit information accurately and understandably, and actively seek feedback from experienced engineers, project manager, etc.
· Dependability/Reliability: Follow through on commitments, timely delivery on projects, assigned tasks, etc.
· Flexibility: Willing to perform a wide range of tasks, positive responds to changes in direction and priorities, and acceptance of new challenges, responsibilities, and assignments. Internship Education and Program Requirements:
· Applicant must be currently enrolled and pursuing a degree in Quality, Industrial, or Mechanical engineering, or, in a Data Science discipline . Preferred specialization in Manufacturing at an accredited school.
· Applicant must have completed 30 semester hours of undergraduate studies prior to the start of the internship.
· Applicants must have a minimum cumulative grade point average of 3.0.
· Summer Interns are required to work up to 40 hours or less per week. Personal Competencies:
· Customer Focus
· Technical Skills
· Peer Relationships
· Integrity and Trust
· Standing Alone
· Action Oriented
Intern: Quality Engineer (Summer 2020)
Quality & Environment
The Volvo Group is one of the world's leading manufacturers of trucks, buses, construction equipment and marine and industrial engines under the leading brands Volvo, Renault Trucks, Mack, UD Trucks, Eicher, SDLG, Terex Trucks, Prevost, Nova Bus, UD Bus and Volvo Penta.
Volvo Group Trucks Operations encompasses all production of the Group's engines and transmissions, as well as all production of Volvo, Renault and Mack trucks. The organization is responsible for spare parts supplies to the Group's customers as well as for designing, operating and optimizing logistics and supply chain for all brands, production facilities and distribution centers where the Volvo Group operates. In Volvo Group Trucks Operations you will be part of a diverse team of highly skilled professionals who work with passion, trust and embrace change to stay ahead. We make our customers win.
Last application date
State / Province
US Disclaimer text
Volvo Group North America is an Equal Opportunity Employer
We Participate in E-verify