Auto req ID
Volvo Financial Services
Placement opportunity: 22 nd June 2020 – 3 rd July 2021
Job title: Paralegal - Intern
Department: Finance and Accounting
Location: Wedgnock Lane – Warwick – CV34 5YA
Hours of work: 37.5 hours Monday to Friday
Salary and benefits: £16,500, 25 days holiday, gym discount, free parking, shopping and travel discounts, social club, volunteering day
Current degree requirements:
· Studying for a qualifying law degree (LLB).
· 2 years of study completed – placement between 2 nd & 3 rd study years
About Volvo Financial Services
· VFS is a wholly owned subsidiary of AB Volvo and is the captive finance provider to the Volvo Group.
· VFS provides financial solutions to retail and wholesale customers of Volvo Group's truck, bus and construction business areas.
· The purpose of VFS is to support the Volvo Group with customer and dealer-financing solutions at all stages of the business cycle.
About the Legal & Compliance Team
The VFS EMEA North & West Legal & Compliance team provides legal and regulatory support to VFS for the North & West EMEA sub-region, comprising the UK, Ireland, Belgium, Netherlands and the Nordics. The objective of the team is to support VFS in being the best captive finance provider in the industry by delivering a services mind-set within the Legal & Compliance team, which is:
· Integrated with the business to understand the different VFS, customer and legal/regulatory requirements and needs.
· Pragmatic and commercial in resolving matters in the quickest, simplest and most efficient way to drive sales and create value by delivering positive outcomes for VFS and the customer.
· Knowledgeable and resourceful in identifying legal and compliance issues affecting VFS across the North & West and addressing them proactively.
About the Paralegal Intern role
We have an exciting opportunity within the Legal & Compliance Team for a Paralegal Intern reporting directly to the Senior Legal Counsel.
Working on various projects you will get to learn about different areas of law and how an in-house legal team interacts with the business, which will give you a sound and broad understanding for your time after university. Typical projects are likely to include:
· Reviewing and updating contractual templates to reflect changes in legislation;
· Identifying and implementing changes in the business to reflect regulatory change;
· Drafting internal policy documentation and training materials to reflect best practice;
· Assisting with any necessary legal or regulatory changes brought about by Brexit. In addition to the various projects, the Paralegal Intern will also support the wider remit of the Legal & Compliance team with a range of tasks to support the Senior Legal Counsel in delivering the team's objectives on an ongoing basis. The role is likely to encompass many areas of the law including asset finance, commercial contracts, finance and capital markets, litigation, insurance, consumer credit, regulatory/compliance and governance aspects.
Competencies, skills and knowledge required:
· A basic understanding of the Volvo Group and the different types of asset finance products;
· Excellent attention to detail;
· Strong interpersonal and communication skills – written and oral;
· Confidence in dealing with others and presenting a can-do attitude;
· Excellent organisational and prioritisation skills;
· High standard of professionalism and integrity;
· Enjoy a mix of legal work and possess an appetite to learn and develop;
· Good knowledge of Microsoft software packages;
· French/Dutch/a Nordic language is desirable, but not at all essential;
· Prior work experience or voluntary work in a legal or office setting is also desirable, but not essential.
In House Paralegal - Placement
Legal & Security
Travel Required (maximum)
No Travel Required
The Volvo Group is one of the world's leading manufacturers of trucks, buses, construction equipment and marine and industrial engines under the leading brands Volvo, Renault Trucks, Mack, UD Trucks, Eicher, SDLG, Terex Trucks, Prevost, Nova Bus, UD Bus and Volvo Penta.
Volvo Financial Services is the global financial solutions provider of the Volvo Group, supporting the Volvo Group brands with expert financial services. This includes providing customers and dealers with a full-range of offerings, such as financing, leasing, and insurance solutions. Our team of about 1,400 professionals are located in 45 countries worldwide. As a part of the Volvo Financial Services team, you will experience challenging assignments, gain international exposure, and interact with colleagues around the world in the Volvo Group.
Last application date
State / Province