Auto req ID
Group Trucks Technology
Hybrid System Design Engineer within Complete Powertrain Strategies & Evolution
Are you a team player interested in heavy duty engine development and vehicles, with a special interest in hybrid system solutions? Would you like to be a key player in a great team, defining the next generations of Volvo hybrids, including combustion engines, electrified drivelines and transmissions? The work includes hands on development activities as well as defining activity and technology long term roadmaps for the Volvo group.
If you are and if you fit the role description – apply for the role as Hybrid Feature Leader!
This is us, your new colleagues
Complete Powertrain Strategies & Evolution is a group with 10 engineers, a diverse end experienced team engaged in development with major focus on early development phases. The Swedish organization has the full worldwide product platform responsibility for Volvo's heavy duty powertrains and of the installation in European Volvo Products.
You will as the Hybrid System Design Engineer:
· Perform and lead the engineering activities in order to specify and design the Powertrain hybrid system solutions, in close cooperation with stakeholders, suppliers, project leaders and technical experts from within and outside the Powertrain organization.
· Deliver hybrid system solutions that meet the heavy duty powertrain needs for on-going and future projects
Who are you?
To be successful in your new role we want you to have the following skills/experience:
· Master of Science in Mechatronics, Physics, Electrical, Mechanical engineering or equivalent
· Understanding of energy efficiency of complete powertrain and vehicle dynamics
· Experience from product development within automotive industry
· Creative, structured and analytical
· Good communication skills
· Interest in Vehicle/Powertrain Control functions
· Fluent in English, written and spoken
· C/CE driving license is a plus
For further information please contact:
Patrik Löfgren, group manager Complete Powertrain Strategies & Evolution, Tel. +46(0)73-9025550
Hybrid System Design Engineer/Architect
Travel Required (maximum)
The Volvo Group is one of the world's leading manufacturers of trucks, buses, construction equipment and marine and industrial engines under the leading brands Volvo, Renault Trucks, Mack, UD Trucks, Eicher, SDLG, Terex Trucks, Prevost, Nova Bus, UD Bus and Volvo Penta.
Volvo Group Trucks Technology provides Volvo Group Trucks and Business Area's with state-of-the-art research, cutting-edge engineering, product planning and purchasing services, as well as aftermarket product support. With Volvo Group Trucks Technology you will be part of a global and diverse team of highly skilled professionals who work with passion, trust each other and embrace change to stay ahead. We make our customers win.
Last application date
State / Province