APP IIP: Maintenance and Engineering trainee
Auto req ID
Volvo Group Student
Volvo Group International Internship Program
The Volvo Group International Internship Program is an exclusive concept where we invite you, as a student at one of our Preferred Talent Partner universities, to apply for an international internship within the Volvo Group. We are looking for an intern to help us shape a new future, the future of sustainable transport solutions. This calls for an extraordinary person, not only in terms of academic results, but also in terms of innovative thinking and social and communicative skills. Energy, creativity and the will to share your experiences with a team are essential to a successful internship with us. This unique internship opportunity will run for 2-6 months and alternative locations are Sweden, France, India, Japan or the USA.
For further information about the program and our Preferred Talent Partner universities, please visit http://worldwide.volvogroup.com/
Internship position – trainee Maintenance and Engineering trainee
At the Group Trucks Operation Plant in Vénissieux we manufacture two engine ranges for all Volvo Group applications. Guided by the Continuous Improvement, the engine plant provides a modern, quiet and pleasant working environment. Customer Satisfaction is our priority, and we aim at being a key player in the Volvo Group. LS- DC Lyon is in charge to deliver spare parts to our dealer network
What we do:
DC Lyon maintenance team, is a Key function for DC Lyon. We are responsible to secure availability of all production facilities ( 80 000 sqm) . There will be a lot of interesting tasks and projects going forward where we see that a trainee would be a perfect resource as well as it would give the trainee a lot of experience. The mission of the maintenance Engineer is to provide proactive, efficient and effective support to production team by providing the useful installation. This work is done in close collaboration with relevant stakeholders and the notions of Support, Challenge and Control are present in the daily work.
What will you do:
· Participate in the daily work of the maintenance Manager
· Support the team in the Lean deployment
· Drive own projects within Maintenance department
· Collect information about current situation and define the best way of working between Maintenance Team and Production Unit (build a strong interface)
· Define our needs in term of internal standard for maintenance , put the standard in place and deploy
· Audit our current visual management in the warehouse a make a proposal to improve
Internship length and start date:
· Preferred start on boarding: February 2017
· 6 months mimimum
1st choice: Master 1 year, Production engineer, knowledge in project management, maintenance & lean
What you need to have:
· This specific internship position is open to all students except France, since this is an international program.
· Students in the US, Sweden, Japan and France: You are in your 3rd or 4th year of a Bachelor degree or 1st year of a Master degree in your university career.
· Students in China and India: You are in your 3rd year of a Bachelor degree or 1st year of a Master degree in your university career.
· Evidence of leadership experience and/or community service.
· Strong grade point average
· Driving license (required for internships in the USA)
· Proficiency in French
· Engaged and open personality, involvement in community work and/or student networks.
· Team player with passion for new experiences
· Interest in the Volvo Group and in sharing internship experience with fellow students
· Valid passport
For further information, please contact:
Program Manager Susanne Hedberg, ************@*******.**
APP IIP: Maintenance and Engineering trainee
Travel Required (maximum)
“The Volvo Group is one of the world's leading manufacturers of trucks, buses, construction equipment and marine and industrial engines under the leading brands Volvo, Volvo Penta, UD, Terex Trucks, Renault Trucks, Prevost, Nova bus and Mack. We partner in alliances and joint ventures with the Sunwin, SDLG, Eicher and Dongfeng Trucks brands
As a Volvo Group Student you will be part of a global and diverse team of highly skilled professionals working with energy, passion and respect for the individual to become the world leader in sustainable transport solutions when working with either internship, apprenticeship, Co-op, summer job or on your master thesis.”
Last application date