Description de l'offre
Vodacom is a Leading African Mobile communication company providing wider range of communication services including mobile voice, messaging, data and converged services to over 73.6 million customers. From our roots in South Africa, we have grown our mobile network business to include operations in Tanzania, DRC, Mozambique and Lesotho. The mobile networks cover a total population of approximately 200 million people. Through Vodacom Business Africa (VBA) we also offer business managed services to enterprises in over 40 countries across the continent. Vodafone is the majority shareholder of Vodacom and has a 65% share.
We’re at our best when we lead and over the past 20 years, as the Company that pioneered mobile in South Africa, Vodacom has achieved a remarkable list of firsts. We’re immensely proud to be a leader in our field and are 100% committed to continue trailblazing.
We employ individuals who are as passionate about customers as we are. We are truly Customer Obsessed which means that we are passionate about exceeding customer expectations; work relentlessly to really understand the customer; look at decisions through the customer’s eyes and take personal accountability for the customer experience.
We have the below vacancy available in our Organisation:
The H Band Specialist: Solution Architecture role is based within the Technology Business Unit.
The role of the Solutions Architect is to support the development of a sustainable technical Low Level architecture for CRM Delivery domain. Analyse systems and provide IT technical solution direction to technical teams and business stakeholders
The responsibilities of the Solutions Architect will include the following:
• To perform systems analysis and design activities by assessing requirements in terms of feasibility, impact and cost.
• Work collaboratively with business units and IT teams to ensure high quality of solution delivery
• Provide business units with impact analysis and solution guidance.
• Compile technical solution design documents (Low Level Design using UML concepts) in accordance with required functionality, preferable in an agile approach (using Tools like Jira and Confluence).
• Conduct system analyses for new and existing functionality to ensure that it supports the required business processes.
• Conduct sessions with developers for presenting proposed solutions and provide guidance during implementation
• Access if development is carried out in accordance with the coding standards, design and architect guide.
• Provide technical guidance during Agile sessions
• Production Support: Provide guidance on solving production issues
• Conduct system testing to ensure that the developed functionality is in line with the requirements in the detailed design.
The ideal candidate for this role will have:
· A completed Grade 12/ Matric qualification
· A 3 year completed Bachelor’s degree or National Diploma in Computer Science, Information Technology, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or related field.
· At least 3-5 years working experience in Information Technology i.e. Solutions Architect/ Design Systems
· Technical knowledge for Java, Oracle WebLogic, WebServices, SQL and relational database (Informix, Oracle, Db2). (desirable)
· 3 years UML design work experience (essential)
· Understanding of Telecommunication BSS/OSS. (desirable)
The base location for this role is at Corporate Park , Midrand
The Company’s approved Employment Equity Plan and Targets will be considered as part of the recruitment process. As an Equal Opportunities employer, we actively encourage and welcome people with various disabilities to apply.
Vodacom is committed to an organisational culture that recognises, appreciates and values diversity & inclusion.