Vodacom is a Leading African Mobile communication company providing wider range of communication services including mobile voice, messaging, data and converged services to over 73.6 million customers. From our roots in South Africa, we have grown our mobile network business to include operations in Tanzania, DRC, Mozambique and Lesotho. The mobile networks cover a total population of approximately 200 million people. Through Vodacom Business Africa (VBA) we also offer business managed services to enterprises in over 40 countries across the continent. Vodafone is the majority shareholder of Vodacom and has a 65% share.
We’re at our best when we lead and over the past 20 years, as the Company that pioneered mobile in South Africa, Vodacom has achieved a remarkable list of firsts. We’re immensely proud to be a leader in our field and are 100% committed to continue trailblazing.
We employ individuals who are as passionate about customers as we are. We are truly Customer Obsessed which means that we are passionate about exceeding customer expectations; work relentlessly to really understand the customer; look at decisions through the customer’s eyes and take personal accountability for the customer experience.
We have the below vacancy available in our Organisation:
The H Band Specialist Software Engineer role is based within Technology Business Unit .
The role of the Specialist Software Engineer is responsible for delivery of Chatbot and robotics process automation solutions by creating prototypes, designing and building modules and solutions in iterative agile cycles. Develop, maintain, and optimize the business outcome. This role is responsible for estimating user and technical stories, designing and developing code, writing and executing unit and integration tests, and supporting testing of deliverables against user and technical story acceptance tests.
Your responsibilities will include:
· Estimate user and technical stories to help inform and prioritize backlog
· Design modules according to user stories, UX designs, and technical stories
· Develop solutions according to module designs and deploy using delivery pipeline
· Develop and execute unit and integration tests; support testing against user and technical story acceptance tests
· Suggest improvements to user stories and UX
· Manage incidents and problems as level two and level three support
Core competencies, knowledge and experience :
· Agile and lean programming and development of software systems in Web-scale environments
· Backlog item estimation
· Unit, integration and static code analysis testing
· Architectural element testing e.g. APIs
· Automated testing and tools e.g. Selenium
· Software incident and problem management
· Continuous integration and continuous delivery methodologies and tools
· DevOps culture, processes, and tools
· Cloud-native architectures, including public cloud PaaS / IaaS, micro-services architectures, API
· Flexibility to deal with changing projects and priorities in a short space of time
· Strong problem solving skills and ability to learn new methods and processes
· Strong relationship building, persuasion, and collaboration skills that drives internal-and cross-team constructive feedback and support
· Strong communications skills and time-management skills, with the ability to juggle multiple balls, and work well under pressure
· Understanding of both the current Telecommunications and digital services market, artificial intelligence and emerging business and technology trends