Vodacom is a Leading African Mobile communication company providing wider range of communication services including mobile voice, messaging, data and converged services to over 73.6 million customers. From our roots in South Africa, we have grown our mobile network business to include operations in Tanzania, DRC, Mozambique and Lesotho. The mobile networks cover a total population of approximately 200 million people. Through Vodacom Business Africa (VBA) we also offer business managed services to enterprises in over 40 countries across the continent. Vodafone is the majority shareholder of Vodacom and has a 65% share.
We’re at our best when we lead and over the past 20 years, as the Company that pioneered mobile in South Africa, Vodacom has achieved a remarkable list of firsts. We’re immensely proud to be a leader in our field and are 100% committed to continue trailblazing.
We employ individuals who are as passionate about customers as we are. We are truly Customer Obsessed which means that we are passionate about exceeding customer expectations; work relentlessly to really understand the customer; look at decisions through the customer’s eyes and take personal accountability for the customer experience.
We have the below vacancy available in our Organisation:
The G Band Solutions Architect role is based within Local Technology
The role of the Solutions Architect will be to be responsible for the solutions architecture, development and implementation of Robotics Process Automation technologies, Chatbots and Virtual Assistants in an Agile environment, focusing on finding solutions to meet business.
Your responsibilities will include:
· Defining and taking accountability for the:
· High-level architecture and technical strategy for RPA and Chatbot
· Implementation options for all assigned application initiatives for RPA and Chatbot
· RPA and Chatbot governance processes and structures
· Integrity, stability, performance and scalability of the RPA and Chatbot environments
· Applying technology and innovation with a specific focus on modern software development practices and technologies, including Agile, DevOps, and Cloud, Containers, CSM compliant APIs and micro services.
· Providing technical thought leadership based on industry trends and drive relevant innovations to scale digital capabilities and solutions.
· Evaluating innovative technologies aligned with the business strategy.
· Deciding on the technology tools in line with the company standards.
· Providing oversight to investigation, analysis and management of technology risks, issues, and dependencies in all programs/projects
· Conducting periodic reviews with vendors on SLA's, performance metrics and issues, escalations, change requests and improvement plans.
· Collaborating with partners to overcome issues impacting service delivery and execute operational improvement initiatives.
· Encouraging best practice and knowledge sharing with partners and cross-functional groups
· Acknowledging of emerging technologies/industry trends along with the ability to leverage them in application development and support initiatives
Key accountabilities and decision ownership:
· Scalable cross platform solution design and delivery of solutions
· Minimal defaults on governance processes if any
· Proven solution design across the entire delivery life cycle