Vodacom is a Leading African Mobile communication company providing wider range of communication services including mobile voice, messaging, data and converged services to over 73.6 million customers. From our roots in South Africa, we have grown our mobile network business to include operations in Tanzania, DRC, Mozambique and Lesotho. The mobile networks cover a total population of approximately 200 million people. Through Vodacom Business Africa (VBA) we also offer business managed services to enterprises in over 40 countries across the continent. Vodafone is the majority shareholder of Vodacom and has a 65% share.
We’re at our best when we lead and over the past 20 years, as the Company that pioneered mobile in South Africa, Vodacom has achieved a remarkable list of firsts. We’re immensely proud to be a leader in our field and are 100% committed to continue trailblazing.
We employ individuals who are as passionate about customers as we are. We are truly Customer Obsessed which means that we are passionate about exceeding customer expectations; work relentlessly to really understand the customer; look at decisions through the customer’s eyes and take personal accountability for the customer experience.
We have the below vacancy available in our Organisation:
The G Band Segment Marketing Manager role is based within CBU
The role of the Segment Marketing Manager is to assist in driving and executing the segment marketing strategy across Vodacom’s regional operations (in South Africa).
Your responsibilities will include:
· Assist in driving and delivering segment performance/P&L in regions:
· Track and regularly report on segment performance and propose improvement initiatives across regions.
· Drive growth initiatives to increase customer numbers, ARPU etc.
· Development of value propositions and differentiation tactics for the consumer segments and monitor the performance of the segment.
· Drive commercial actions to support strategy.
· Segment marketing strategy and plan:
· Understand the Regional markets, competitors and segment opportunities
· Identify customer and commercial opportunities through actionable insights
· Drive simple and differentiating segment branded claims and propose activities, propositions and customer experience developments to substantiate these
· Drive and execute the Segment Marketing plan/roadmap and deliver against this
· Drive segment distribution and customer/channel investment initiatives
· Drive pricing strategies and initiatives using insight to differentiate and behavioural characteristics to create value
· Support excellence in go to market execution, coordinating execution of new proposition
· Drive proposition penetration and ARPU with supporting tactical campaigns Lead Joint Development Teams - Drive active end-to-end portfolio and lifecycle management of propositions.