Freyssinet New Zealand Ltd is a multifaceted specialist contractor providing innovative solutions for remediation, post-tensioning and specialist civil engineering. A member of the Soletanche Freyssinet and Vinci Groups, we have an unrivalled reputation in specialized civil engineering across the soils, structures and nuclear sectors. Freyssinet New Zealand works on projects of varying size, from mid-size technical projects to landmark projects of national significance.
The position of Estimator is accountable for tender preparation and submission including methodology, preliminary program and completion of other relevant documentation. This position is responsible for the effective costing of projects in order to secure projects that meet the company’s pricing and commercial strategy.
· Initial assessment of tenders received to determine the size and scope of the project.
· Source all additional information as required from the client, and provide summary of project to manager, including SOW, estimated project size, risks and opportunities.
· Preparation of tender estimates using a combination of first principle methods, material take offs, bill of quantities, cost studies, existing productivity rates and similar tender submissions.
· Utilize nationwide resources including engineering, construction and other estimating personnel, as required.
· Liaise with and attend site meetings with clients during tender stage to determine all necessary requirements to prepare tender estimates and submissions, as determined by manager.
· Prepare and issue fit for purpose RFQ’s to sub-contractors and/or suppliers.
· Preparation of proposed methodology (in collaboration with BD & Operations), proposed construction program and all other relevant documentation necessary for the tender submission
· Itemize risk, opportunities and tender qualifications.
· Follow up the tender submission to determine the status of tender and maintain record of discussion.
· Ensure that tender files are kept in good order and all current details are recorded.
· Prepare and issue review documents and coordinate review documents.
· Attend and manage handover meeting with construction personnel including the preparation of handover documents and job folder.
· Secure projects with good quality and competitively priced tender documents.
Skills & Experience:
· Minimum 2 years of estimating / cost studying experience within Construction & Engineering (preparing cost studies, tender documents, project planning)
· Completed Degree in Civil Engineering
· Demonstrated experience in budget control & forecasting
· Intermediate/Advanced with Microsoft Office suite
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
· Results driven
· Strong relationship skills, communication and teamwork.
· Smart, willing to learn and to grow
· Planning & organization
· High attention to detail
VINCI Construction designs and builds structures and infrastructure that address major issues facing society - global warming, population growth and increasing mobility. VINCI Construction is meeting the world's major challenges. With more than 30,000 projects in progress, VINCI Construction is committed across all eight of its businesses to supporting major transformational change worldwide. Our global challenges : demographics, climate, environment, energy. Key figures : - Annual revenue of €14 231 million - 71 401 employees, - Over 30 000 projects each year, - 48% of revenue generated outside France For more informations : www.vinci-construction.com Discover the video portraits of our employees on YouTube and follow our news on LinkedIn : www.linkedin.com/company/vinci-construction