Veolia is looking for a Water/Waste Water Treatment Operator that will be responsible for the operations of a large Industrial water treatment plant. This will include testing the incoming water streams, chemical process treatment, solids processing, monitoring operations and assuring water discharge environmental compliance.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
· Assist the Lead operator in the day to day plant operations of the treatment plant.
· Make plant rounds and identify underlying equipment issues.
· Testing plant influents and effluents waters using lab instruments and then making the proper adjustments to the system.
· Monitor plant operations using the control room HMI
· Assist operator in minor maintenance of treatment plant equipment
· Start, stop and clean operating equipment.
· Non-Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
· On an as-needed basis, assist mechanical maintenance on routine tasks.
· Other work related duties as assigned.
Ideal candidate profile
Knowledge, Skills and Ability:
· Strong team player.
· Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
· Time management: the ability to organize and manage multiple deadlines. Strong customer orientation.
· Strong safety culture – ability to work in an Industrial environment.
· High School diploma or General Educational Development (GED) required.
· Prior water treatment plant experience preferred.