Summary: The Santa Paula Water Recycling Facility is a domestic, commercial and industrial wastewater treatment plant designed to treat 4.2 MGD Daily.
The Operator II maintains water/wastewater treatment, processing, disposal and testing equipment in waster/waste water treatment facility to purify water to meet permit and operational requirements.
Monitor operating conditions, meters and gauges.
Collect and test water and sewage samples.
Record meter and gauge readings and operational data.
Operate equipment to purify and clarify water or to process or dispose of waste.
Clean and maintain equipment on a regular basis.
Follow U.S. Environmental Protection Agency regulations.
Ensure safety standards are met.
Ideal candidate profile
Essential Job Requirements:
· High School Diploma or GED.
· Requires valid Grade II CA Wastewater Certification
· Requires working knowledge of the methods, techniques, principles, and practices of water/wastewater treatment.
· Requires ability to diagnose plant-wide process problems and take remedial action, and to troubleshoot equipment.
· Must demonstrate a working ability to use computer programs for process control.
· Requires good reading, math, writing, and verbal communication skills; scientific and mechanical aptitude; and the ability to read, interpret, and record data from meters, gauges, scales, panels, computer consoles, and other equipment.
· Must demonstrate ability to efficiently operate all equipment in facility which may include pumps, engines, generators, valves, gates, mixers, conveyors, blowers, chemical feed, odor control, belt filter press and measuring/control devices, testing equipment, and material handling equipment.
· Requires ability to plan, organize, train, and functionally supervise subordinates.
· Requires the ability to carry out verbal and written instructions.
· Must have the ability to work in a team environment and a willingness to assume additional or new responsibilities readily.
· Must have a valid California driver's license and a safe driving record.
· Requires working in outside and inside environments with noise and all temperatures and climatic conditions. Must be able to lift and carry 60 pounds. Ability to perform tasks standing and walking.