Veolia provides O&M for the Camp Creek Water Reclamation Facility in the Atlanta, GA metro area. Camp Creek treats wastewater from all the residential, commercial, and industrial users in the south Fulton County, Union City, Fairburn, Palmetto, East Point areas and portion of the city of Atlanta.
To support operations at the plant and associated facilities, Veolia is seeking a Class 3 or higher Wastewater Operator who will operate and maintain wastewater treatment, processing, disposal and testing equipment at the wastewater treatment facility to purify water to meet permit and operational requirements.
Full-time, Permanent role with schedule of 3 pm to 11 pm.
Note: position may include required work on weekends, holidays, day or night shift and on call status.
Ideal candidate profile
Preference will be given to candidates with experience at or equal to the size/complexity of the Camp Creek Facility.
- HS Diploma or GED required
- Must hold at least an active GA Class 3 wastewater license, Class 2 is preferred.
- Able to read, write and comprehend English (operational, process, safety and quality instructions).
- More than 6 months experience with knowledge of the methods, techniques, and practices of wastewater treatment.
- Able to learn and independently operate equipment such as pumps, engines, centrifuge, generators, valves, gates, mixers, conveyors, blowers, dryers, chemical feed, odor control, disinfection equipment, sludge processing filters, belt presses and measuring/control devices, testing equipment and material handling equipment.
- Able to use computer programs for process control.
- Must be able to serve rotational 24 hour emergency on-call
- Must have and maintain a valid driver's license and a safe driving record.
Veolia is interested in recruiting top talent in the wastewater treatment industry. We offer great benefits, an annual bonus and competitive wages.
Veolia is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer. It is the policy of the Company to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.