Location: Middlesex, NJ
Full Time, Dayshift, Monday - Friday
Medical, Dental, Prescription, 401K, Paid Time Off, Tuition Reimbursement
We have a current opportunity for a transportation supervisor for the NJ Branch, responsible for all aspects of direct shipments, railcars, negotiating transportation rates and managing our 10 day Middlesex trailer(s).
· Negotiate competitive third party transportation rates. Keep accurate records of all aspects of each transporters rates (IE: demurrage, layovers, day rates and OT, etc)
· Create daily in-house NJB transportation schedule. Maintain in-house vehicles. Provide pre-printed manifest, etc.
· Backup to the Middlesex service operations (vacation, etc). Load materials for Puerto Rico when needed.
· Attend weekly operations meetings in Flanders. (logistics) Interface with other departments (IE: TAR, Sales, etc)
· Follow up with customers getting feedback on third party transportation and improvements.
· Manages Veolia's railroad operation and execute annual audits with the Federal Railroad Administration.
· Approve all transportation invoices, proof reading before approving.
· Excellent communication and technology skills.
Qualifications and Education Requirements
Field or facility operations experience preferred. College degree required.
Excellent Microsoft Office skills. Excellent written and email etiquette skills.
At Veolia, you'll find excellent rewards and benefits, along with the chance to make a difference in our world. We offer an exciting, dynamic workplace, with a comprehensive benefit package that includes:
· Competitive Pay
· Medical/prescription/Dental/Vision Insurance
· Flexible spending accounts (FSAs) and the health savings account (HSA)
· Supplemental life and accidental death & dismemberment (AD&D) insurance
· Supplemental long-term disability insurance
· Voluntary group legal
· Voluntary identity theft protection
· Long-term and Short-term Disability Insurance
· Adoption Reimbursement
· College-Savings Plan
· Student Loan Refinancing
· Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
· Tuition Reimbursement
· Employer Matched 401(K) Plan
· Employee discount programs including: Pet insurance, Home insurance, Auto insurance
· Work Life Balance/Paid time off
· On the job training
· Career Advancement
· Uniform & Safety Equipment Provided
· Employee referral program
· Incentive Bonus Programs
· Domestic and International transfer opportunities
Veolia North America values the leadership skills, loyalty and integrity you developed during your military service.
You've spent your career protecting and defending a nation. At Veolia, you'll have the chance to join a team of hardworking men and women who work day in and day out to protect and preserve North America's natural resources. At all levels of our organization, military heroes are already solving complex environmental challenges.
From safely transporting complex materials, to improving crucial infrastructure and guaranteeing the delivery of essential services, the experience you've gained during your service can continue to positively impact the world with a career at Veolia.
To support our Veteran job seekers, below is a list of MOS codes which are valuable to this position:
21F Crane Operator
21J General Construction Equipment Operator
74D Chemical Operations Specialist
88M Motor Transport Operator
88H Cargo Specialist
89D Explosive Ordnance Disposal (EOD) Specialist
92L Petroleum Laboratory Specialist
92W Water Treatment Specialist
EO Equipment Operator
EOD Explosive Ordnance Disposal
NF Nuclear Field
1169 Utilities Chief
2336 Explosive Ordnance Disposal
3051 Warehouse Clerk
3052 Packaging Specialist
3531 Motor Vehicle Operator
5711 Chemical, Biological, Radiological, and Nuclear (CBRN) Defense Specialist
5731 Joint Chemical, Biological, Radiological, Nuclear Reconnaissance System Operator (JCBRNRS) LAV Operator
8056 Hazardous Material/Hazardous Waste (HM/HW) Staff Noncommissioned Officer/Noncommissioned Officer
2T1X1 Vehicle Operations
2W2X1 Nuclear Weapons
3E4X2 Liquid Fuel Systems Maintenance
3E8X1 Explosive Ordnance Disposal
Veolia's New Jersey Branch locations include:
1 Eden Lane
Flanders, NJ 07836
125 Factory Lane
Middlesex, NJ 08846
3001 Burns Avenue
Wantagh, NY 11793
Road 189 Km. 2.1
For more information, visit www.veolianorthamerica.com
We are an equal opportunity employer M/F/D/V
Ideal candidate profile
- Field or Facility operations experience preferred.
College Degree required.