JOB TITLE – Graduate Trainee (Strategic Growth & Efficiency Engineer)
LOCATION – Mobile across West Midlands, East Midlands, Lincoln, Norfolk and Oxfordshire
GRADUATE STREAM - Role Specific (rotational 3 x 8 month placements)
SALARY - £27,000
We are resourcing the world. We manufacture green products and green energy using waste, waste water and wasted heat as a resource mine. We provide tailored solutions for industry or municipalities to help them save and preserve resources. We are working hard to create a future in which end-of-life resources are transformed into products that enrich our lives and can power our homes and industry. The circular economy already represents 20% of our turnover and we are constantly developing innovative ways to develop access to, preserve and replenish resources. To achieve our vision; we focus on creating a team with a diverse range of talent that operates in a safe, innovative and sustainable environment in order to promote the green economy and build new markets.
About the Role
An excellent opportunity has arisen for a Graduate to join Veolia as a Strategic Growth & Efficiency Engineer as part of the Graduate Development Programme.
You will be gaining valuable exposure to the business within the Midlands region:
· Assisting in the development and implementation of a strategy for growth in the Midlands region across waste, water and energy
· Supporting Contract Managers on localised projects
· Identifying where we can maximise savings and efficiencies
· Assisting in driving additional revenue and enhancing customer experience
· Supporting in contract negotiations and look at additional scope for inclusion in re-negotiations
· Building relationships and linking in with support functions such as Business Development, Technical Development and Health & Safety teams as appropriate
The role will be made up of 3 x 8 month placements in the region, with the intention to move into a permanent role upon completion of the graduate programme.
About your Development
As part of the Graduate Development Programme, you will go through a structured management development programme, undertaking leadership and management modules with your graduate cohort. You will also receive role specific training and development. You will be supported in this by our People Development team.
Ideal candidate profile
About your Knowledge, Skills & Qualifications
· Degree level qualification in an engineering or environmentally focused discipline (2:1 minimum by September 2020)
· Problem solving mindset and ability to get stuck in
· Basic understanding of energy
· Ability to collect and interpret data
· Good understanding of processes with an enthusiasm to learn new processes in different industries (waste, energy, water)
· Strong communication skills
· Proactive and self-motivated
· Ability to work well with others
· Full, clean UK driving licence
· Willing to travel
You need to be eligible to work in the UK without restriction on beginning employment and be able to take up permanent employment with the company.
Veolia supports the principle of Equality & Diversity in employment and opposes all forms of unlawful or unfair discrimination.