SourceOne is a leading energy management and consulting firm that supports its customers in making their energy more sustainable, reliable, and cost effective through energy management, engineering, and energy efficiency solutions. SourceOne's clients include real estate developers & property managers, data centers, biotech firms, financial and educational institutions, municipalities, manufacturers and telecommunications companies. For these entities SourceOne provides energy related due diligence, power master planning, utility coordination, commissioning, and power/commodity analysis/purchasing support as well as infrastructure development services including central plant and combined heat and power plant design and installation. SourceOne is actively seeking an energetic and self-motivated professional to join our west coast or east coast team as a Commissioning Energy Engineer .
The successful candidate must be self-motivated and well versed in projects touching on large building MEP systems design, commissioning, retro-commissioning, energy modeling/analysis and construction for complex buildings. Assessment, optimization and/or commissioning activities for utility plants will also be expected.
Responsibilities and Duties
· Contribute to engineering teams in the delivery of mechanical/electrical systems commissioning, energy and consulting on complex projects for local and national clients.
· Perform construction observations, review contract documents, develop functional test plans and execute tests for a wide variety of mechanical, and controls systems. Working knowledge of Life Safety systems is a plus.
· Execute retro-commissioning engineering/energy studies for national clients
· Contribute to design and energy projects for industrial, institutional and commercial clients.
· Support Development of Design documents for construction.
· Produce Commissioning and Retro-Commissioning documents.
· Assist in managing small to large projects to meet client expectations for technical excellence, budget and schedule.
· Maintain effective communication with clients, contractors and other project team members. Up to 75% travel may be required for project work, training and inter-office