Description de l'offre
Veolia is the largest sustainable environmental solutions organization globally. With over 179,000 employees worldwide and operations in over 40 countries, our areas of expertise consist of water, waste and energy management
Veolia is seeking a Technician to support wastewater treatment operations in Jackson, MS. In this position, you will perform a variety of operation and maintenance functions that you will be trained on these functions.
· High school or GED with the ability to read, write and comprehend English (operational, process, safety and quality instructions) and be able to carry out verbal and written instructions.
· Ability to perform basic mathematical calculations.
· Some vocational training and mechanical aptitude preferred, with the ability to read, interpret and record data from meters, gauges, scales, panels, computer consoles and other equipment.
· Minimum water/wastewater license as required by regulatory agency at site.
· Six months to two years experience in a related position with experience in a similar environment preferred with ability to comprehend specifications, blueprints and manuals.
· Experience using material handling equipment, pressure gauges and precision measuring instruments.
· Experience using power, pneumatic, hydraulic and hand tools and shop tools such as drill press, band saw, bench grinder, torque wrench preferred.
· Must have the ability to diagnose basic and routine process and mechanical problems and take remedial corrective action.
· Must have basic computer skills and have ability to operate programs for process control, the Computer Maintenance Management System, and laboratory/industrial pretreatment QA/QC.
· Must consistently demonstrate the ability to learn and independently perform assigned duties and meet or exceed production and quality goals.
· Must demonstrate ability to work in a team environment and willingness to assume additional or new responsibilities readily.
· Must be able to serve rotational 24 hour emergency on-call if required by site.
· Must possess a valid driver’s license and a safe driving record.