Veolia Australia & New Zealand (Veolia) is the only global company to provide a full range of environmental services in the fields of water solutions, waste management solutions and energy solutions.
Veolia, being at the centre of this century's biggest challenges, offers opportunities to make a difference, for your career and also for the environment and our community. In Australia and New Zealand, Veolia works with heavy industry, retail and commercial businesses, governments and communities to deliver innovative and sustainable solutions that are needed today, with the vision required for tomorrow.
We are now seeking a permanent SHEQ Advisor to join our team based in Launceston. The successful candidate will ensure SHEQ compliance is maintained for all operations across all Veolia business lines. They will be responsible for promoting and continuously applying safety, environmental and quality awareness in the workplace. This role will partner with managers to improve their safety culture and compliance across Tasmania. This is a pivotal role in assisting to develop and maintain the SHEQ systems for the Veolia business.
The successful candidate requirements are to hold:
· Safety, Health, Environment Certificate or Qualification or sound and proven practical experience
· Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of WHS Legislation
· Lead Auditor certificate
· ICAM Certificate (or equivalent)
· Current Drivers Licence
· Effective communication skills (Written & Verbal)
· Effective interpersonal skills, including ability to clarify, resolve issues and make decisions
· Ability to quickly establish and maintain ongoing effective relationships
· Excellent organising and time management skills.
This role will be based in Launceston however there will be travel to various sites across Tasmania. Candidates must also be willing to travel to regional areas.
As part of the recruitment process, candidates will be required to undertake a pre-employment medical including drug and alcohol screening and other relevant background checks.
If you would like further information or a copy of the position description please contact Alayne Baker – HR Manager at alayne.baker@ veolia.com or 0419 437 726
Veolia is an equal opportunity employer and supports workplace diversity.