The Health and Safety (H&S) Associate coordinates and administers the Site Heath, Safety and Security Program. Investigates unsafe conditions and incidents, performs plant safety & security inspections and coordinates the corrective actions towards resolution. Coordinates and/or performs training of personnel in health and safety related topics.
• Monitors and ensures employee and facility safety, security, and compliance performance regarding H&S rules, regulations, principles, and practices at assigned projects, area, or businesses.
• Works with employees, safety committees, management teams to develop and sustain a pro-active, zero-tolerance H&S culture.
• Continuously evaluates all aspects of H&S programs for value, effectiveness, and improvement.
• Conducts training assessments and skill gap analyses and assists with the resultant development, scheduling, and implementation of Management Systems and H&S training and awareness programs.
• Provides guidance and assistance for processing and managing work-related injuries and illnesses in accordance with state provincial, insurance, and company requirements.
• Assist with incident investigations (including near-misses, injuries, illnesses, property damage, vehicle collisions, chemical releases, and the like). Assist with Root Cause Analysis (RCA) for the purpose of identifying causal factors, preventive and corrective actions, and lessons-learned.
• Participates in routine and non-routine as well as formal and informal audits and inspections regarding H&S (including facility security assessments). Develops appropriate reports and action plans to address program deficiencies or improvement opportunities. Tracks said plans and report from issue identification through resolution.