Veolia offers the most complete range of environmental solutions to meet the challenges of cities, governments, campuses, businesses and industries. Our network of talent and hands-on know-how is unique and unrivaled.
We help our customers address their environmental and sustainability challenges in energy, water and waste. That means improving our clients' energy efficiency, better managing their water and wastewater, and recovering resources from their wastes. We do this in a safe, cost-effective and innovative manner for more than 550 communities and more than 30,000 businesses, campuses and organizations throughout North America. .
Responsible for safely transporting hazardous and non-hazardous materials from the customer site to the appropriate designated sites using van trailers, straight trucks, flatbeds, tankers, roll-off frames, or other waste carrying equipment. Ensures that the condition of the material packaging meets the U.S. Department of Transportation (DOT) specifications, inspects manifests and shipping paperwork for accuracy, and maintains current transportation permits for all areas traveled. Abides by all regulations set forth by DOT, EPA, state and local governments, and VES-TS policies and procedures.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Perform daily inspections of vehicle and/or trailer prior to driving to ensure safety and integrity of equipment going to designated sites.
• Prior to transporting materials reviews shipment records, manifests, container labeling, vehicle placards, and integrity of loaded drums, roll-off boxes or bulk tankers.
• Ensure that DOT requirements such as load weight limits, driver log books, Vehicle Inspection Records, transportation permits, insurance cards, fuel trip reports, IFTA fuel stickers, or other paperwork is up to date and valid.
• Consults with customers pertaining to load conditions, drum counts or paperwork inconsistencies to ensure that materials can be properly transported to designated site(s).
• Notify immediate supervisor of any moving violations and/or accidents in-route to and/or from sites.
• Assist in the loading/unloading of materials at designated sites utilizing appropriate equipment.
Non-Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Responsible for assisting with housekeeping as required.
• Other duties as assigned