Essential Duties and Responsibilities (may include, but are not limited to) :
· Work within a project team environment with other engineers and designers.
· Review bid specifications for water and wastewater treatment systems during the tender phase to determine requirements for mechanical, electrical and controls equipment to be specified and priced.
· Review process design of water treatment systems for accuracy at the beginning of each new project.
· Perform detailed design, calculations, and specifications for selection of equipment for water treatment systems for industrial applications. Equipment includes screens, pumps, blowers, , mixers, shop fabricated and field erected tanks, flares, compressors, DAFs, heat exchangers, chemical pumps, boilers, CHP systems, odor systems, H2S removal systems.
· Collaborate with drafting group on drawing development for process flow diagrams, piping and instrumentation diagrams, tank drawings, piping drawings, equipment general arrangement drawings and device location drawings.
· Perform CAD drafting of process flow diagrams, piping and instrumentation diagrams, tank drawings, piping drawings, equipment general arrangement drawings for projects.
· Provide technical requirements for process equipment and construction subcontracts and write specifications for purchase requisitions.
· Evaluate process equipment and construction supplier proposals for conformity to technical requirements, schedule compliance and budget allowance.
· Assist with recommending supplier with best offering that meets project specifications, schedule and budget for procurement.
· Visit vendor shops to perform kickoff meetings, interim inspections and final inspections of process equipment prior to shipment to jobsites.
· Prepare project lists for process equipment, manual valves, control valves, instruments, motors & loads, utilities requirements, process controls, alarms.
· Perform construction site visits, interact with contractors, and troubleshoot technical questions during the construction of wastewater treatment plants.
· Develop checkout and commissioning plans to transition from construction into the process startup phase.
· Perform checkout and commissioning of mechanical and electrical equipment for water treatment plants prior to startup and acceptance of wastewater.
· Attend technical meetings, review technical drawings, ensure good engineering practices are maintained and lessons learnt are applied to new and future projects.
· Assist Project Managers with the preparation of schedules in scheduling software such as Microsoft Project. Develop project execution plans and resource forecast for engineering and other technical activities relating to the project.
Ideal candidate profile
General Education and Experience
A Bachelor's Degree is required for this position in an engineering discipline. Mechanical, Chemical, Environmental, or Civil preferred.
1-5 years of work experience in a related field required.
Experience in AutoCAD software is required. AutoCAD Inventor/Plant 3D or other 3D modeling, including piping beneficial.
Veolia offers you a competitive compensation and benefits package, along with a dynamic work environment. We offer challenging projects and training to ensure you success.