ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
1. Performs general maintenance in plants such as boiler cleaning, boiler repair, pump repair and miscellaneous equipment repair, to ensure safe and efficient operation. Performs preventative maintenance on plant equipment.
2. Maintains and repairs coal unloading equipment (conveyors, feeders, compressor and vacuum system) to ensure safe and efficient operation.
3. Operates heavy equipment to supply fuel to the plants and for the safe and effective operation of the plants. Equipment may include: dozer, front-end loader and locomotive switch engine.
4. Performs required inspection of equipment and vehicles prior to use to ensure safe and efficient operation.
5. Performs routine maintenance and minor repairs of equipment and vehicles to ensure safe and continuous operation.
SECONDARY JOB FUNCTIONS
1. Plows snow on company property and railroad tracks to maintain a safe working environment.
2. Performs minor building maintenance to enhance a safe work environment. Some welding, cutting and soldering may be required.
3. Performs other related functions as assigned.
Ideal candidate profile
6:30 a.m. – 3 p.m., Monday -- Friday.
Overtime can be either voluntary or mandatory and includes scheduled overtime.
Education: High school graduate or equivalent.
Experience: 3 – 5 years' experience in plant maintenance or equivalent Vo-tech training
Experience with heavy equipment operation such as front-end loaders and dozers is preferred.
Gas turbine maintenance experience is preferred. Some OJT will be provided.
Licenses/Certifications: Valid driver's license.
Other: Must successfully complete pre-employment physical after a conditional job offer has been made.
Must successfully complete drug and alcohol screening as required.
Probationary Period: 4 calendar months.