Port Washington, WI
Veolia ES Technical Solutions Electronics Recycling Division (ERD) is a nation wide provider of electronic recycling and mercury recovery services. Retort Technicians participate in sorting and dismantling of mercury bearing equipment and debris. Technicians will load and unload mercury processing vessels.
Operation of basic hand tools and material handling equipment (pallet jack, dolly, forklift) is required on daily basis.
Responsible for performing a variety of routine tasks in the movement and processing of hazardous and non-hazardous materials including disassembly, sorting, packing, re-packing, and loading and unloading. Operates equipment such as lamp processors, distillation ovens, shredders, pallet trucks, forklifts, bailers, compactors, air compressors, hand tools, overhead cranes, and scissor lifts
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
• Maintains a safe and compliant work environment at all times. Works safely and wears appropriate PPE for task.
• Complies with all environmental, health and safety policies and procedures.
• Loads and unloads retort processing container from mercury retort ovens.
• Constructs packaging/boxes/containers and prepares for shipment.
• Uses a variety of hand tools such as impact wrenches, drum carts, and saws.
• Moves material within the facility using appropriate equipment such as hand trucks, pallet trucks, forklifts, etc.
• Dismantles/sorts mercury bearing materials for retort.
• Operates and performs routine inspections on recycling equipment.
• Prepares by-product materials for shipment.
• Assists in completing paperwork for processing/transportation of materials.
• Performs general housekeeping duties and maintains a clean, organized and safe work area.
Follow SOP's for safe, efficient, and compliant operation of equipment
Ideal candidate profile
· High School Diploma or GED
· Successful physical examination and pre-employment screen. Must be physically capable of performing assigned tasks and capable of tolerating varied environmental conditions.
· Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules and standard operating procedures.
· Ability to perform simple mathematics such as adding and subtracting by two digit numbers, and multiply and divide by 10's and 100's.
· Previous experience in waste recycling helpful, but not required.
· Mechanical aptitude is helpful, not required
· Must have valid driver's license.
· Local candidates preferred.
Veolia is an Equal Opportunity Employer