Veolia is seeking a Maintenance Technician to support wastewater treatment operations in Jackson, MS. In this position, you will inspect, maintain, repair and install mechanical, electromechanical, pneumatic and/or hydraulic equipment at plant and/or pump stations..
· Performs routine and preventative maintenance, lubrication and minor adjustments on machines and related equipment which may include pumps, engines, centrifuges, generators, valves, gates, mixers, conveyors, blowers, dryers, chemical feed and odor control, disinfection equipment, vacuum filters and belt presses. Promptly reports any operational problems with machines or equipment to Lead or Supervisor.
· Learns to inspect and becomes proficient at mechanical troubleshooting to determine repairs needed. Dismantles equipment to gain access to and repairs defective parts using hand tools, power tools and precision measuring and testing devices. Re- assembles and tests equipment ensuring safe and efficient operating condition is restored. Learns to troubleshoot hydraulic, pneumatic and electronic equipment and instrumentation.
· Performs facility maintenance and repair and may replace or install light bulbs, florescent tubes, damaged glass, windows, doors, partitions, ceiling or floor tile, door locks, carpet, and/or paint.
· May perform manual labor including cleaning equipment, facilities and grounds as required and properly disposes of waste according to safety and environmental policies. Operates vehicles for plant operational purposes.
· Learns to estimate time and material costs for various projects. May assist in other areas of plant as directed.
Ideal candidate profile
· High school or GED with the ability to read, write and comprehend English (operational, process, safety and quality instructions) and be able to carry out verbal and written instructions. Ability to perform basic mathematical calculations.
· Some vocational training and mechanical aptitude required, with the ability to read, interpret and record data from meters, gauges, scales, panels, computer consoles and other equipment.
· Minimum water/wastewater license as required by regulatory site.
· Two to five years experience in a related position in a similar environment with ability to comprehend complex specifications, blueprints and manuals.
· Experience with pumps, motor, hydraulics, compressed air, electronics (VFD's, PLC's etc.), high speed rotational equipment and conveying equipment.
· Must demonstrate proficiency in the care and use of all site specific, facility required PPE (Personal Protection Equipment), including respirators, gas detectors, confined space equipment, etc.)
· Must consistently demonstrate the ability to perform all assigned tasks in an accurate and timely manner.
· Must demonstrate ability to efficiently maintain, install and repair a variety of equipment which may include pumps, engines, generators, valves, gates, mixers, conveyors, blowers, chemical feed and odor control, disinfection equipment, vacuum filters and belt presses.
· Must demonstrate ability to use precision measuring devices, testing equipment and shop tools such as drill press, band saw, bench grinder, and torque wrench.
· Must demonstrate the ability to inspect and diagnose process problems in multiple unit processes, troubleshoot mechanical, electro-mechanical, hydraulic or pneumatic equipment and take corrective action within policy and procedure limitations.
· Must demonstrate ability to accurately estimate time and material costs for assigned projects.
· Steel fabrication and welding experience may be required if necessary at site.
· Good verbal and written communication skills are necessary.
· Must have ability to operate Computer Maintenance Management System (software).
· Must demonstrate ability to work in a team environment and willingness to assume additional or new responsibilities readily.
· Must possess a valid driver's license (commercial license is desirable) and a safe driving record
Veolia North America is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer. It is the policy of the Company to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.*LI-EC1