Summary: Performs maintenance services, installation or repairs in one or more skill areas such as plumbing, mechanical, electrical repairs, pneumatic, hydraulic, installation, carpentry, painting or vehicle servicing.
· Performs routine and preventative maintenance, lubrication and minor adjustments on machines and related equipment which may include pumps, engines, centrifuges, generators, valves, gates, mixers, conveyors, blowers, dryers, chemical feed and odor control, disinfection equipment, vacuum filters and belt presses. Promptly reports any operational problems with machines or equipment to Lead or Supervisor.
· Learns to inspect and becomes proficient at mechanical troubleshooting to determine repairs needed. Dismantles equipment to gain access to and repairs defective parts using hand tools, power tools and precision measuring and testing devices. Re-assembles and tests equipment ensuring safe and efficient operating condition is restored.
· Learns to troubleshoot hydraulic, pneumatic and electronic equipment and instrumentation.
· Performs facility maintenance and repair and may replace or install light bulbs, florescent tubes, damaged glass, windows, doors, partitions, ceiling or floor tile, door locks, carpet, and/or paint.
· May perform manual labor including cleaning equipment, facilities and grounds as required and properly disposes of waste according to safety and environmental policies. Operates vehicles for plant operational purposes.
Ideal candidate profile
· High school or GED with the ability to read, write and comprehend English (operational, process, safety and quality instructions) and be able to carry out verbal and written instructions.
· Ability to perform basic mathematical calculations. Some vocational training and mechanical aptitude preferred, with the ability to read, interpret and record data from meters, gauges, scales, panels, computer consoles and other equipment.
· Six months to two years experience in a related position with ability to comprehend specifications, blueprints and manuals.
· Experience using power, pneumatic, hydraulic, and hand tools and shop tools such as drill press, band saw, bench grinder, and torque wrench preferred.
· Experience using material handling equipment, pressure gauges and precision measuring instruments.
· Must have ability to operate Computer Maintenance Management System (software).
· Must consistently demonstrate the ability to learn and independently perform assigned duties and meet or exceed production and quality goals.
· Must demonstrate ability to work in a team environment and willingness to assume additional or new responsibilities readily.
· Must possess a valid driver's license and a safe driving record.