Energy & Waste Internship
Location – Mobile across North West
Duration - 3 months, full time, starting June 2020
Do you want to work for a company striving towards creating a circular economy?
We are looking for an innovative, inspiring individual who works well within diverse teams and enjoys bringing new ideas and solutions to the table. Veolia is an international business with a single vision: to resource the world. Around the globe, we help cities and industries to use resources - waste, water and energy - more sustainably. Supporting the circular economy, we're working hard to create a world where everything we buy, use and consume is recycled or converted into energy. Interested in playing your part in making this a reality?
More about the team:
You will be joining a team which runs a number of Energy & Waste contracts in the North West; operating at a diverse number of facilities ranging from NHS to Chem & Pharm, Manufacturing to Oil & Gas. Our contract managers facilitate the day to day running of both the energy management for these clients and their environmental impact through compliant and innovative waste management
We would like an intern to join the team for a 3 month internship between June and September 2020 to work to carbon map the contracts we currently hold in the North West. You will be facilitating carbon mapping of the North West contracts, benchmarking all sites and determining areas for carbon reduction. Your role may expand further nationally within the Industrial Water & Energy UK Central region and will involve working with our Technical Direction department, based out of our Warrington offices.
What you can expect from us to support your growth:
· A safe and friendly environment to learn
· Exposure to real world projects allowing application of learned theory: applying carbon impact theory to real life examples and developing solutions to meet customer needs in a live environment
· Opportunities to develop your soft skills, working in a corporate business at a management level, interacting with various stakeholders
Ideal candidate profile
What we're looking for:
· Student currently working towards a degree in an Environmental, Engineering or Scientific discipline
· Working knowledge of carbon impact and carbon mapping is essential
· Background experience / interest in Mathematics, Physics, IT, Biology, Economics is desirable
· A positive, can-do attitude, with a willingness to learn
· Strong verbal and written communication skills
· Full UK driving licence