The Collection System Technician performs a variety of skilled, semi-skilled, and manual work in the repairing, cleaning, locating and inspection of the wastewater collection system, operate a variety of light construction equipment and wastewater system cleaning and maintenance.
- Responsible charge of operating heavy equipment including a backhoe, combination high pressure flusher and vac trauck
- Perform a variety of construction, repair, cleaning, & inspection work including rodding, hydroflush cleaning, television camera inspection & locating
- Assist in maintaining & caring for assigned tools & equipment
- Sit to drive or ride in vehicle, walk, stand, bend, squat, climb, kneel, & twist while getting in & out of trenches, mixing mortar, & working in sewage; perform simple & power grasping, pushing & pulling, fine manipulation, use feet to operate foot controls, lift of carry weight of 100 pounds, hear traffic noise, & observe oncoming traffic for safety. Required to communicate via radio & hear radio dispatch signal
- Perform a variety of semi-skilled & manual work involved in the maintenance, cleaning, & closed circuit television inspection of sewer lines & structures.
- Operate hand & power tools, including air compressors, jack hammers, & cement mixers, perform heavy manual labor
- Understand and carry out oral and written directions
- Learn, observe all safety precautions as required by the Company, including, but not limited to, state and federal General Industry Safety Directives, may be required to enter confined space
- Ability to be on call nights and weekends to work overtime in response to emergency situations and alarms
- Must live within 30 minutes of the office/garage to respond to emergencies, work shift, on-call, weekends, and holidays as assigned.
Ideal candidate profile
· A combination equal to a high school diploma and experience in the operation and maintenance of a collections system or wastewater treatment plant, or related field.
· Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
· Must be 1 st aid and CPR certified within 90 days of hire.
· Maintaining safe & efficient working conditions including housekeeping.
· Ability to perform considerable walking, climbing, moderate to heavy lifting and carrying.
· Must have a MA Class 2 CDL with Tanker driver's license. Must meet all written, physical, testing and notification requirements established by the Department of Motor Vehicles.
· Must possess or able to obtain a Grade 4 Collections Certificate within 36 months of hire.
· Must pass CORI check.