Valeo is an independent industrial Group fully focused on the design, production and sale of components, integrated systems and modules for the automotive industry, mainly for CO2 emissions reduction. Valeo ranks among the world's top automotive suppliers. Four Business Groups (Powertrain Systems, Thermal Systems, Comfort and Driving Assistance Systems, and Visibility Systems) and a Valeo Service aftermarket activity offer customers innovative global solutions. Valeo is present in 29 countries and employs 72,600 people at 125 production sites, 21 Research centers, 40 Development centers and 12 distribution platforms. Valeo Service, Valeo's aftermarket activity, sells a wide range of products and top quality services (catalogues, marketing tools, training and diagnostic tools) to car dealerships, spare parts distributors and independent garages in more than 100 countries around the world. Constantly striving to guarantee optimal satisfaction, Valeo Service offers to its customers, full professional support for both technical and sales matters.
As Trade Buyer Europe, your main tasks will be the following:
- Implementation & deployment of the Valeo Service strategy
- Manage suppliers (Quality Cost Delivery performance) on his/her assigned products lines
- Manage projects of products development on his/her assigned products lines
- Manage and/or support segment leader for annual negotiation with suppliers on his/her assigned products lines
1 / Sourcing:
• Identify the best sourcing taking into account the marketing needs globally (with focus on thermal and / or electrical systems product lines);
• Send the questionnaires, NDA to suppliers and analyze all the data and suppliers information for benchmark;
• Send RFQ to suppliers for price benchmark
• Analyze QCD, negotiate and compile price offers, quality levels, logistical aspects (MOQ, Lead time, Edi). Lead auctions.
• Establish matrix choice and pre selection of the suppliers
• Evaluate PRE-EVAL and EVAL pre-process on site
• Prepare the pre sourcing committee and sourcing committee
• Participate to the decision about the choice of sourcing
2 / Products Development:
• Manage planning & follow up with the suppliers
• Provide document for VRF
• Support quality for product & process validation at supplier site.
• Establish and manage contract and appendixes
• Implement and validate the packaging with the suppliers in line with Valeo Charter and delivery book (appropriate size of the boxes, labels, palettization)
• Maintain our system and risk assessment with all new suppliers;
• Supplier creation in our system and SAP creation;
• Help during final process audit & initial samples
3 / Supplier follow up (commodity management):
• Achieve Purchasing budget index
• Manage the supplier performances for quality, delivery, cost;
• Implement action plan defined with segment leader: on quality, logistic and price (productivity plan, negotiation, resourcing)
Education & training
- Bachelor or higher degree in automotive, mechanical, electrical or material science - MBA background in purchasing or 2 years or overseas working experiences (1 year local experience is necessary)
Areas of experience
- 3-5 years working experience in Purchasing and/ or Project Management position. - At least 3 years working experience in automotive industry - Experience in Aftermarket and/or trading activities
Equal opportunities (gender, disabilities, mature workers, nationality, etc.) is at the heart of Valeo's recruitment policy.