P1 Project Manager (M/W)
P1 Project Manager (M/W)Site presentation
Valeo is an automotive supplier, partner to all automakers worldwide. As a technology company, Valeo proposes innovative products and systems that contribute to the reduction of CO2 emissions, the improvement of vehicle performance and to the development of intuitive driving. In 2014, the Group generated sales of 12.7 billion euros and invested over 10% of its original equipment sales in R&D. Valeo has 133 plants, 16 research centers, 34 development centers, 15 distribution platforms and employs 81,200 people in 29 countries worldwide. Valeo is listed on Euronext Paris and is a member of the CAC 40 index. The Creteil site is a R&D center dedicated to advanced projects, as alternators, starter-alternators and electronic machines.
Ensure Project performance objectives (Quality, Cost, Profitability, Delivery and Timing) in the management of Projects. Ensure Project or System coordination to achieve all projects launch(es) in compliance with Valeo and Customer expectations.
Manage operationally and functionally the Projects he/she is assigned to:
- Manage OEM/OES Projects (Component, System with known technology components, …)
- Is responsible for the achievement of the Project KPI in terms of profitability (both product/development vs Development Activity Payback and Extended Margin), Quality and Production Preparation
- Secure Project resources and control them
- Solve all project issues requiring any type of support of all suitable functions via the Project Escalation
- Check and validate Project Team Members' activities and proposes timing scenario to achieve milestones
- Define and manage his/her budget including the budget of Projects part of his/her Project/System
- Prepare decision making process for relevant committee and challenge his project team readiness
- Prepare and submit CAA and IAR (Project/System level) and challenge the P1 Project Managers or Launch Managers of the Projects part of his/her Project/System Project
- Manage all project changes (internal and customer) and coordinates through his team
- Is applying Design to Cost methodology
- Escalate at the right level and with relevant speed/anticipation the gaps versus targets
Manage communication with Customers on Project development progress
- Keep client(s) updated on Project progress.
- Prepare/validate reports on Project development progress to PMC and to all Governance stages when required
- Manage customer relationship (local and central) and coordinate communication within his team but also with P2/P1 projects associated
Education & training
Engineering/Master degree with Personal skills to manage functional organization
Areas of experience
Product Development process knowledge and practice (2-3 years) - Get successful development experience in P0/P1 Project development function (1-2 years)
Equal opportunities (gender, disabilities, mature workers, nationality, etc.) is at the heart of Valeo's recruitment policy.
Discover the Company Page
These people have worked here
Etudiante en Informatique Recherche stage Ingenieur BI
Santiago Rodriguez Rodriguez
Técnico especialista en informática de empresa