UPS Customhouse Brokerage is currently seeking a Part Time Customs Brokerage Rep to work 7:00pm - 1:00 am, Monday - Friday . The ideal candidate will have one year of customer service / general office / data entry experience.
The Customs Brokerage Rep responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
Direct contact with importers to obtain essential information needed for customs clearance. Run discrepancy and completed work reports at the end of shift. Secure pertinent details on importing commodities from U.S. consignees via e-mail and fax communications. Possess thorough knowledge of U.S. importing requirements and the ability to gain this information by using extensive resources. Make mathematical calculations and ensure proper questions are posed to the consignee and/or shipper regarding origin functions values and the end use of the goods being imported. Advise importer of customs charges and additional UPS charges when applicable toward clearance of goods requiring special attention. Establish contacts with frequent importers. Prioritize work to meet port specific deadlines. Document packages being held on proper holds lists.
The candidate must be able to work additional hours and holidays.
This job description is intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by persons assigned to this classification. It is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all job responsibilities, duties and skills for this position.
· A minimum of one year customer service, general office, or data entry experience.
· High School diploma or equivalent certificate.
· Proficiency in Microsoft Office.
· Accurate and rapid data entry.
· Strong attention to detail, and ability to multi-task.
· Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
· Proven organizational skills.
· The ability to project a professional image to the customer and to represent UPS in a positive manner.
UPS is an equal opportunity employer. UPS does not discriminate on the basis of race/color/religion/sex/national origin/veteran/disability/age/sexual orientation/gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law