The West Region Finance and Accounting (F&A) Supervisor manages the daily financial activities of the region in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP) and UPS policy. He/She assists in the development and support of the staff in the execution of strategies designed to achieve financial objectives. This position supervises various positions including: specialists, procurement administrators, database programmers.
The F&A Supervisor prepares and develops the annual business plan for the Region. He/She coordinates with Corporate Finance and Regional Functional Coordinators to acquire specific budget targets (i.e., expenses, productivity, volume, headcount targets), and analyzes and distributes them properly among the eight operating districts. He/She also prepares and develops the annual business plan for the Region Office and Region Service Center.
In addition, the F&A Supervisor provides financial analysis to assist in reporting monthly and quarterly business goals. This position supports and collects targeted financial data from District, Region, and Corporate Coordinators and combines internal and external source intelligence with UPS data to assess risks and opportunities for the region.
· Completes weekly cost estimates and monitors monthly expenses to accurately forecast cost results.
· Analyzes and reports on region cost performance to determine gaps and action plans.
· Oversees monthly business plan close to ensure completeness and accuracy.
· Creates business plans using historical data and forecasts to effectively plan expenses and statistics.
· Develops and maintains financial reports to ensure accuracy and effectiveness.
· Accounting Knowledge: Demonstrates a broad business and accounting knowledge; describes methods in compliance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP).
· Detail Orientation: Distinguishes between “big picture” concepts and comments and specialized, smaller specific facts associated with work; notes the specifics of events and experiences; explains, in general, how details impact end goals or outcomes; ensures that work is completed accurately and with the appropriate level of detail.
· Finance Knowledge: Demonstrates an understanding of basic financial terminology and concepts such as cash flows, operating profit/loss, and net income; conducts financial analyses.
· Bachelor's degree – Finance, Economics, Accounting, Business, Marketing, Statistics - Preferred
· Strong analytical/modeling skills and problem solving ability
· Organized, able to deal with ambiguity and thrive in a fast-paced environment
· Intermediate-level proficiency with Excel, Access, and PowerPoint
· Strong communication and presentation skills
· Experience in leading people and projects – preferred
UPS is an equal opportunity employer. UPS does not discriminate on the basis of race/color/religion/sex/national origin/veteran/disability/age/sexual orientation/gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law