Description de l'offre
UPS Supply Chain Solutions is currently seeking a Customs Brokerage Representative II . The ideal candidate will have a minimum of one year Customs Brokerage / Import / Export experience and will be familiar with HTS, customs regulations and OGA clearances. The candidate will also have the knowledge and skills usually gained through a minimum of two years of general office or customer service experience.
· Responsibilities include but are not limited to processing shipments to ensure compliance with all federal laws and regulations related to importing of goods into the USA.
· Responsible for complete entry process of import shipments starting with pre-alert, processing of US customs and other government agencies clearance and ending with final delivery process.
· Position requires direct contact with US customs for proper compliance as required.
· Position requires direct contact with US importers to obtain essential information required for customs clearance.
The Customs Brokerage Representative II responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
· Communicate directly with customers, other offices and US Customs
· Review rate and trace product movement
· Classification and valuation of merchandise
· Maintain records in accordance with the Customs Mod Act
· Individual should have a good knowledge of general operation procedures in a fast paced work environment
· Provide shipment status information in response to external requests
· Securie pertinent details on importing commodities from US consignee via phone, fax and e-mail.
· Make mathematical calculations and ensure proper questions are posed to the consignee or shipper regarding origins, functions, values and the ned use of the goods being imported.
· Advise importer of customs charges and additional charges when applicable toward clearance of goods requring special attention (Fish and Wildlife, agriculture, FDA etc.)
· Complete all required forms and declarations for US Customs and/or OGA
· Establish contacts with frequent importers and update operational profiles as necessary
· Prioritize work to meet custom port specific deadlines; document packages being held on proper hold lists, etc.
· Perform other custom clearance job related duties assigned
· Ensure timely filing of all shipments
· Ensure timely billing of all files
· Proactive notification to customers, vendors, etc on import entry activity.
· Communication with customers and carriers (Tracking, tracing etc.)
· Responsible to asisst with post entry requirements
This job description is intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by persons assigned to this classification. It is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all job responsibilities, duties and skills required for this position.
· At least two years of customer service, general office, or data entry experience
· Knowledge of classification process
· High School diploma or equivalent
· PC literate and Proficiency in Microsoft Office
· Accurate and rapid data entry
· Strong attention to detail
· Excellent interpersonal skills
· Excellent verbal and written communications skills
· Demonstrated customer service focus
· Proven organizational skills
· At least one year of Customs Brokerage or Import/Export experience
· Extensive knowledge of ABI and US Customs systems
· Ability to multi-task an adapt quickly to changing requirements
· Team oriented player and positive approach
· The ability to project a professional image to the customer and to represent UPS SCS in a positive manner
· US Customs Classification and BOSS (program) experience is desirable
· Bi-lingual Spanish and English is required; Must be fluent in reading, writing and speaking Spanish and English
Individuals who accept this job opportunity will be expected to be flexible in assisting with coverage in other departments, during fluctuations in volume, vacation coverage or leave of absence coverage and as required by their management team.
UPS is an equal opportunity employer. UPS does not discriminate on the basis of race/color/religion/sex/national origin/veteran/disability/age/sexual orientation/gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law