UPS Supply Chain Solutions is currently seeking a Customs Brokerage Representative II . The ideal candidate will have a minimum of one year Customs Brokerage / Import / Export experience and will be familiar with HTS, customs regulations and OGA clearances.The candidate will also have the knowledge and skills usually gained through a minimum of two years of general office or customer service experience.
The Customs Brokerage Representative II responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
· Preparation of customs entries and forwarding freight to designated locations. This may involve interface with international and domestic carriers, overseas offices, and importers.
· Prepare Customs entries and follow-up with the clearance process on all entries prepared.
· Communicate documentation discrepancies to client and supervisor.
· Coordinate freight delivery to designated locations.
· Resolve finance and accounting reconciliation exchange issues.
· Responsible for filing entries to customs via the Brokerage System in a timely and accurate manner.
· Responsibilities may include scanning entries into the SDIS system meeting allotted and sensitive time requirements.
· Administrative responsibilities include preparation of reports/presentations and analysis using various software packages and databases.
· Document review and assessment of accuracy, verifying country of origin/export, IOR, terms of sale and value to ensure that compliance and federal regulation requirements are achieved.
· Daily follow up on documentation discrepancy issues which requires the ability to troubleshoot and communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing with customers and foreign origins.
· Establish and maintain client relationships.
· All other task as assigned by supervisor and or manager.
· Position may require a weekend schedule on a department rotation basis and not limited to working a holiday schedule based on the needs of the operation and requirements of the account.
Individuals who accept this job opportunity will be expected to be flexible in assisting with coverage in other departments , during fluctuations in volume, vacation coverage or leave of absence coverage and as required by their management team.
This job description is intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by persons assigned to this classification. It is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all job responsibilities, duties and skills required for this position.
· At least two years of customer service, general office, or data entry experience.
· High School diploma or equivalent
· Proficiency in Microsoft Office
· Accurate and rapid data entry
· Strong attention to detail
· Excellent verbal and written communications skills
· Proven organizational skills
· At least one year of Customs Brokerage or Import/Export experience
· Ability to multi-task.
· Team oriented player
· The ability to project a professional image to the customer and to represent UPS SCS in a positive manner.
· US Customs Classification and BOSS (program) experience is desirable.
· One Year Product Lock
UPS is an equal opportunity employer. UPS does not discriminate on the basis of race/color/religion/sex/national origin/veteran/disability/age/sexual orientation/gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law