Feel proud of what you do and make a real impact. Join Unilever.
Watch this video . #UniquelyUnilever
WHO WE ARE?
Unilever is one of the leading suppliers of consumer goods. We have more than 400 brands and our products are on sale in more than 190 countries. On any given day, 2 billion people use our products to look good, feel good and get more out of life.
Our portfolio ranges from nutritionally balanced foods to indulgent ice creams, affordable soaps, luxurious shampoos and everyday household care products.
And everything we do, we do with sustainability in mind. We've won more employer awards this year than ever before. We're the biggest European FMCG in the world, and are rated #1 by Climate Counts for our sustainability initiatives
WHY JOIN SUPPLY CHAIN?
We make 2 billion Magnum ice creams a year. That's a serious amount of enjoyment and just one example of the value we add to the lives of the 2.5 billion consumers using our brands every day. Our Supply Chain plays a vital role in getting our goods to customers and consumers, from sourcing raw materials to manufacturing and delivering the end product. We play a big role in delivering Unilever's sustainability mission too.
Our end-to-end Supply Chain leverages eight disciplines: engineering, manufacturing, procurement, logistics, customer service, planning, quality and safety, so you can develop your career in our leading-edge organisation.
WHAT WILL BE YOUR ROLE?
The Technical Operator is responsible for the operation, maintenance, improvement and repair of equipment to support the delivery of operational KPIs (Productivity, Quality, Safety, Health and Environment, Cost, Delivery, Morale, Innovation and Sustainability.)
The Technical Operator (TO) should master the operation of a series of machines/processes in at least 2 areas of the factory in order to provide factory resilience. Supported by the core skills to work within an autonomous team, the TO diligently follows the established standards of production delivery and drive continuous improvement. Safety, quality and eco-efficiency are the hallmarks of the TO which complement an enhanced ability to analyze, solve problems and coach others.
The TO will have basic understanding of key cost drivers in the Sourcing Unit and will grow this in line with the person's wider project management skills.
The TO provides immediate leadership responsibility in assigned productions line/s through leadership by example and coaching of machine and/or basic operators. The TO is responsible for all team reports, including manning allocation within his shift assignment.
WHAT ARE YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES?
· World Class Manufacturing - Understands WCM philosophy, targets waste and expense in order to drive improvement in factory performance. Possesses a critical mind able to innovate efficient processes and embrace new technologies in a timely manner to drive competitive advantage. Knowledgeable in Autonomous Maintenance (AM) Steps 1 to 3 and able to implement its principles.
· Technical – Knowledge and application of technical skills to Operate, Maintain, Improve and Repair (OMIR) equipment. This allows production targets to be met safely, at the right level of quality and on time.
· Understands the principles of mechanism and motion and be able to conduct changeovers, basic repairs and adjustments (eg Cams, slides, bearings, belts and pulleys). Utilize appropriate lubrication regimes.
· Understands the principles and application of pneumatics in the sourcing unit; able to conduct fault finding and basic repair.
· Monitors and evaluates the condition of equipment, machinery and components through the use of instrumentation and other diagnostic techniques. Liaises with technicians (SST / MST) to eliminate sources of contamination.
· Conducts AM activities based on the maintenance calendar.
· Safety - Utilizes all appropriate safety and environmental procedures relating to the Sourcing Unit and allocated equipment to ensure a safe working environment for the whole team.
· Workplace Hazards - Full knowledge of the workplace and hazards within it. Utilizes all appropriate safety and environmental procedures for people, processes, materials, products and equipment relevant to the task.
· Environment - Reduces environmental impacts and costs associated with utilities, chemicals and product and operational wastes through maximizing eco-efficient operation.
· Quality - Monitors quality against set standards and reports any product and packaging faults. Detects process abnormalities quickly and takes emergency action to prevent them.
· Decision Making - Identifies repeated problems with production and repeated causes of breakdowns and suggests how to solve these. Actively contributes to mechanical and continuous improvements. Makes decisions to minimize production loss e.g., mechanical improvements to reduce waste. Makes decisions to support effective team working e.g., arranging cover and managing training.
· Continuous Improvement - Use performance measures to identify and prioritize losses in production area. Leads the team with Focused Improvement.
· Problem Solving - Identifies, prioritizes and addresses problems using appropriate tools and techniques that eliminate recurrence. Capable and confident of using Kaizen and other improvement tools. Leads Kaizen projects.
· Leadership - Promotes the development of a highly effective and autonomous team through strong communication, leading by example and effective problem solving and conflict management. Maintains focus on goals and targets.
· Coaching - Champions specific skills within the semi autonomous and autonomous team and coach them to others in order to drive excellence.
· Business Awareness - Understands the need to meet changing demands of consumers and the role of marketing and product innovation in supporting growth strategies of the business.
WHO ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
· Graduate or technical/vocational course of Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering or Instrumentation and Control.
· Ability to organize, lead and coach a team
· Reading and comprehension skills in English
· Arithmetic skills
· Basic English verbal and written communication skills
EXCITED ABOUT THE ROLE?
To apply, you must do so online. Please do not forget to upload your updated CV. Your application will be reviewed against our requirements and we will be in touch shortly or after the closing date to provide you with an update on the status of your application.