Shift Engineer (Burton)
Role : Shift Engineer
Shift :Average of 42 hours per week on a 24/7 Continental Shift Pattern (4 on 4 off with rostered holidays)
Base salary : £30,990 - £33,675 dependent on experience + generous
Shift Premium : 40% of base
Total Salary : £43,386 - £47,145 dependent on experience + generous pension
MAIN JOB PURPOSE
This is a fantastic opportunity to join our famous Marmite site and become part of an enthusiastic and brand-driven team in the Burton-on-Trent Unilever factory.
Our site is going through an excitin g expansion with the addition of a new sourcing unit producing our Hellmann's and Colman's products too. We are seeking proactive and experienced individuals to drive our business forward in this exciting time.
Unilever is world renowned for its brands from PG Tips, Persil, Comfort, Dove, Knorr, Hellmann's and Pot Noodle all manufactured at our UK sites.
We are recruiting Shift Engineers who are Preventative Maintenance and Focussed Improvement Specialists, engaged to optimise the running and maintenance of equipment within the factory. Where breakdowns occur, the multi-skilled engineer will act to diagnose and troubleshoot faults and where necessary will recommend design improvements.
Minimum NVQ level 3 in Engineering and Post Apprenticeship Skill level
· Previous experience writing reports
· Data analysis and mechanical calculations experience
· Fault finding and Root Cause Analysis
· Decision Making - Makes and implements technical decisions which can impact the plan for the week.
· Project Management – Achieve the desired outcomes of the project in line with agreed plans using appropriate project management tools and techniques to ensure the efficient use of technical, financial and human resources.
Programme Logic Control qualifications (Siemens S5/Siemens S7/Mitsubishi or Allen Bradley).
· Experience of manufacturing in a Fast Moving Consumer Goods Company and World Class Manufacturing.
· Experience as a team member within a project Management team with an awareness of project management tools and techniques.
Unilever is a global Fast-Moving Consumer Goods company in the UK and Ireland. We are already on target to achieve our huge ambition to double the size of our business globally whilst reducing our environmental impact. We are growing our business and also doing what is right for our consumers, community and environment. We are developing brands for people's lives today and for the changing environment tomorrow - making sustainable living commonplace.
Working at Unilever means that you get to take part in this exciting journey and work with amazing people who are really passionate about our large portfolio of famous brands. We want to improve billions of lives and you too can join us in making a sustainable difference