We are looking for a R&D technologist who will support the Local R&D Design team in the Beauty & Personal Care Division in Spain. The Local R&D Design Team is the R&D Business Partner and First Point of Contact of the Marketing and Sales Organization in the country for all R&D related activities. Main purpose of the role is to provide scientific knowledge enabling the excellent launch of innovations in the local market.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
· Technical support for implementation of product innovations and renovation activities in Spain, including product-related communication and advertising.
· First point of contact for local marketing regarding all technical and product-related topics
· Approval of the R&D related declarations of the product labels, compliant with all the applicable legislations.
· Generation of new project ideas based on the knowledge of new technologies, competitor benchmarking and consumer insights.
· Transfer of local technical insights, trends, benchmarking and constraints to the Regional Design Centers.
· Driving the creation and implementation of demos and claims.
· Training of Careline, Customer Development and Marketing teams regarding all technical aspects of the product portfolio and information about new products to be launched.
· Support and collaboration in case of authorities complaints, legal actions and competitor challenges
· Technical R&D support and input to cross category Corporate initiatives such as Unilever sustainable Living Plan and others.
WHAT YOU'LL NEED TO SUCCEED
· Degree in a relevant scientific or technical field, including but not limited to chemistry, biochemistry or pharmacy.
· Fluent in Spanish and English (both spoken and written)
· Project management skills
· Desirable Working knowledge of:
· Cosmetic products Formulation and Processing
· Local and European Cosmetic products regulations
· Independent, structured, solution and business oriented and decisive way of working
· Strong attention to detail.
· Proven track of handling complex tasks in daily work
· Good communication and team skills and readiness to work with international teams
WHAT WE CAN OFFER YOU:
Sustainable Business - People Commitment – Learning & Development – Career Possibilities
At Unilever, we are firm believers in having a diverse and inclusive workplace. For that reason, we've committed to the blind CV. If you meet the requirements for the role, your recruiter will remove your personal details and send your blind CV to the hiring manager to ensure a non-biased evaluation based solely on your skills. Learn more about our other diversity initiatives here .
WANT TO KNOW MORE?
Follow us on LinkedIn for the latest updates!
WHO WE ARE:
Unilever is a leading global Fast-Moving Consumer Goods company, with over 400 brands that are sold in over 190 countries. At Unilever, we share one simple purpose: to make sustainable living commonplace. Through our household brands, like Lipton, Knorr, Dove, Hellman's and AXE, we are creating a bright future for our customers, our business, and our planet – and you can be part of it.