Days Engineer (Burton)
Role: Engineer (Days)
Shift: Monday – Friday Days
Benefits: Generous Pension + 25 days Holiday (excl bank hols)
MAIN JOB PURPOSE
This is a fantastic opportunity to join our famous Marmite site and become part of an enthusiastic and brand-driven team in the Burton-on-Trent Unilever factory.
Our site is going through expansion with the addition of a new sourcing unit and we are seeking experienced individuals to drive our business forward in this exciting time.
Unilever is world renowned for its brands from PG Tips, Persil, Comfort, Dove, Knorr, Hellman's and Pot Noodle all manufactured at our UK sites.
We are recruiting Days Engineers who are Preventative Maintenance and Focussed Improvement Specialists engaged to optimise the running and maintenance of equipment within the factory.
The Days Engineer will be intimately involved in delivering the Maintenance Strategy for the new sourcing unit and in breakdown situations diagnose and troubleshoot faults through to root cause and recommend design improvements.
The Day's Engineer will act as a lead coach and mentor to the Shift Engineer and Technical Operators being flexible in approach and able to cover some shift work throughout the year.
Minimum NVQ level 3 in Engineering and Post Apprenticeship Skill level
· Previous experience writing reports
· Data analysis and mechanical calculations experience
· Decision Making - Makes and implements technical decisions which can impact the plan for the week.
· Project Management – Achieve the desired outcomes of the project in line with agreed plans using appropriate project management tools and techniques to ensure the efficient use of technical, financial and human resources.
Electrical Skills and Diagnostic Technician with Programme Logic Control qualifications (Siemens S5/Siemens S7/Mitsubishi or Allen Bradley).
Instrumentation and Control Skills
· Experience of manufacturing in a Fast Moving Consumer Goods Company and World Class Manufacturing.
· Experience as a team member within a project Management team with an awareness of project management tools and techniques.
Unilever is a global Fast-Moving Consumer Goods company in the UK and Ireland. We are already on target to achieve our huge ambition to double the size of our business globally whilst reducing our environmental impact. We are growing our business and also doing what is right for our consumers, community and environment. We are developing brands for people's lives today and for the changing environment tomorrow - making sustainable living commonplace.
Working at Unilever means that you get to take part in this exciting journey and work with amazing people who are really passionate about our large portfolio of famous brands. We want to improve billions of lives and you too can join us in making a sustainable difference.