A better business. A better world. A better you.
At Unilever you are more than your job title, you are part of the world’s most successful, purpose-led business. Work with brands that are well-loved around the world, that improve the lives of our consumers and the communities around us. We produce world-leading brands including Lipton, Knorr, Dove, Axe, Hellmann’s and Omo, alongside trusted local names and innovative-forward thinking brands like Ben & Jerry’s, The Dollar Shave Club and Dermalogica.
Work alongside brilliant and inspiring business leaders and colleagues. If you want to feel proud of what you do and make others proud too, join us. Get a glimpse into life at Unilever and discover how you can help make a better business, a better world and a better you.
Background & Purpose of the Job
A process development engineer is generally expected to conduct the following work activities as part of a project team:
· Assessment of technical feasibility of potential processes and identification of process related items such as capital requirements and safety considerations.
· Development of prototype processes and products. This work is conducted jointly with product developers
· Scale up promising prototypes to pilot scale. Develop processes and identify potential manufacturing issues including special handling of new or unique ingredients.
· Development of process specifications and operating procedures. Participation in plant trials to validate pilot plant/R&D work
· Transition of projects from R&D into the supply chain.
Who You Are & What You’ll Do:
· Undergraduate with Sophomore or Junior status based with Coursework/Major in Chemical Engineering
· Ability to conduct an experimental program to generate relevant, high-quality data with subsequent data analysis and interpretation.
· Excellent communication and presentation skills
· Able to work under pressure in order to meet project deadlines
· Willingness to relocate
· Minimum GPA of 3.0
This Internship Opportunity is available at the following Unilever locations: Englewood Cliffs, NJ, Trumbull, CT
If you are an individual with a disability in need of assistance at any time during our recruitment process, please contact us at NA.Accommodations@unilever.com . Please note: This email is reserved for individuals with disabilities in need of assistance and is not a means of inquiry about positions or application statuses.