About the organization:-
Ubisoft Pune is proud to be one of the most creative video game studios in India with more than 700 talented employees covering many areas of expertise. We are looking for a strong Senior Vehicle Artist, a challenging opportunity for an individual to develop his expertise and capabilities to grow his career.
We favor diversity, creativity, drive and team spirit. If you’ve got the skills and the desire to succeed, we want you to be a part of this exciting period of growth. Job Title:- Senior Vehicle Artist
Title:- Vehicle Artist
Final Designation/Level will be decided based on the relevant experience and interview ratings.
Be responsible, advise on and improve the creation of Licensed and Un-licensed Vehicles and ensure that vehicles can be successfully integrated into the game while supporting the lead artist on management focused tasks.
• Create complex assets which can be shared across multiple projects in respect of technical and artistic constraints;
• Set and share best practices, production pipelines and workflows within the group;
• Share knowledge and motivate artists within the team;
• Express any ideas which may add to the project mandate;
• Support the Lead to ensure a successful sign off process for own and others work by conducting reviews, critiquing work and providing suitable feedback;
• Efficiently communicate and support messages and decisions from management;
• Actively participate in the implementation of more efficient work methods;
• Be a reference for the art team in relation to various artistic elements and find solutions to complex issues that arise;
• Plan, estimate and prioritise time frames for the completion of tasks and track progress using the designated tracking tools;
• Communicate and collaborate with key stakeholders to confirm task direction and ensure consistency of work within the team;
• Ensure vehicles fit within the defined memory constraints to keep within the target Frame Rate;
• Support the Lead Vehicle artist in any ad hoc tasks and duties.
Skills and Knowledge
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills;
• In-depth knowledge of modeling techniques;
• In-depth knowledge of texture mapping, materials and shaders;
• Excellent knowledge of relevant 2D and 3D software packages;
• A technical problem solving mindset is essential;
• Strong knowledge of vehicle design principles;
• Good knowledge of streaming and LOD systems linked to in-game engines;
• Knowledge of data management software (such as Perforce);
• Knowledge of industry game engines and production pipelines;
• Strong knowledge of the video games industry and awareness of typical video game development processes.
• Substantial working experience in graphic design, modelling or other relevant experience;
• Bachelor’s degree in Graphics Design, Art or other relevant training;
• Has shipped at least 1 game as a vehicle/model artist; preferably full project cycle on ‘AAA’ console title.