Ubisoft is committed to enriching players’ lives with original & memorable entertainment experiences. We build worlds that are a playground for the imagination, offering moments of surprise, fun and adventure as well as opportunities for learning and self-discovery.
At Ubisoft, you’ll grow and collaborate with highly talented teams from around the world. Our massively friendly work environment will inspire you to go above and beyond to create experiences and brands people will fall in love with.
The Technical Artist will work closely with artists and programmers to help with asset and pipeline optimizations.
He/ she will participate in the implementation of technical art features, and will perform debugging on tools and processes.
The main and usual functions of this position are to:
· Realize high visual benchmarks, optimized and by respecting the technical constraints
· Test the chosen engine, develop or ask for development if needed
· Help and support the Artistic Director and the Technical Director in his graphic development choices based on his own artistic and technical expertise
· Use the best tools and methods for improving and facilitating the graphic workload
· Share best practices, give training sessions for every team member to ensure correct tools and methods are used
· Integrate, validate and optimize graphic data in the engine by using scripts if needed
· Ensure that graphic bugs are fixed according to their priorities and
· Provide support to the other artists
· Carry out all other related tasks
· Good experience as a Modeler, Level Artist, SFX Artist, Lighter or Character Modeler
· Preferably with game production experience
· Strong technical abilities and artistic skills
· Detail-oriented and well-organized
· Good communication skills
Autonomous and proactive
Kindly attach your cover letter, CV, online art portfolio, and other samples of your work (e.g. tools created, personal projects, etc.) in your application.