About Ubisoft & Shanghai Studio:
Ubisoft is a leading creator, publisher and distributor of interactive entertainment and services, with a rich portfolio of world-renowned brands, including Assassin’s Creed, Just Dance, Tom Clancy’s video game series, Rayman, Far Cry and Watch Dogs. The teams throughout Ubisoft’s worldwide network of studios and business offices are committed to delivering original and memorable gaming experiences across all popular platforms, including consoles, mobile phones, tablets and PCs. For the 2018-19 fiscal year Ubisoft generated Net Bookings of €2,029 million.
Created in 1996, Ubisoft Shanghai studio, is a vibrant and exciting place where our 400+ talents get opportunities to either co-develop great AAA blockbuster games, create cutting-edge online games or produce fun mobile games.
To learn more, please visit: www.ubisoftgroup.com
The incumbent will determine, prepare and adapt the graphic tools. Whenever possible, he/she will take part in selecting the 3d production applications and establish the work methods. The incumbent will train the artists on methods and tools and supervise the integration of art assets in the game engine.
· Be familiar with the graphics design documents and concepts, to be able to determine the graphics technical needs for the projects;
· Test the engine, request enhancements, verify all engine-related documents and modify or draft new documents whenever necessary;
· Develop or determine tools (e.g. 3DS Max, etc.) and methods to enhance and facilitate work of the graphics team;
· Test tools before they are deployed and ensure that they function properly throughout the production process;
· Create, organize and lead training sessions for graphics team members about how to properly use the tools and methods;
· Draft documents on tools, methods, training sessions, processes and engine constraints for future reference;
· Provide constant technical support for tools and the engine to all the team members;
· Be proactive by foreseeing technological issues and needs before they occur;
· Supervise the graphics design, integration and validation of graphic data in the engine;
· At least College or Bachelor’s degree;
· At least 5 years’ experience in graphic design (including at least 2 years as a Technical Artist or any other relevant experience).
· Extensive knowledge of 2D& 3D computer graphics software, game engines and platforms; video game production working units; Max script;
· Knowledge of data safety options (e.g. Perforce, VSS, Alienbrain);
· Knowledge of script is strong plus (e.g. python/mel/c#/c++)
· Experience of photogrammetry or surface scanning is a strong plus
· Client focused, Well-Organized, Team Worker
· Good communication skills in both Chinese and English (spoken and written);
Why Ubisoft Shanghai?
Be a part of the most exciting and innovating video game company in China. Come to work in Shanghai, an amazing city renowned as “Paris of the East”.
Together with a team of multi-national professionals equipped with the cutting-edge technologies, you can be assured of an experience that is both aspirational and fulfilling.
By working in Shanghai studio, you will also be offered with an array of career development opportunities, an abundant training resources, and moreover, a stimulating and creative work environment.
If you’re looking for this kind of job opportunity, you’ll find it here at Ubisoft Shanghai.
Join us for an exciting adventure and make great games!