Ubisoft is composed of over 13,000 talented people located in 28 countries across the globe. With around 85% of its staff devoted to game development, Ubisoft has the 2nd largest in-house creative team in the world.
The company’s 30 different creative studios work hand-in-hand each day to deliver rich and innovative gaming experiences that reflect the creativity and diversity of their teams. This cross-studio collaboration model means every team member has the opportunity to participate in challenging projects based on iconic brands including Assassin's Creed®, Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon®, Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell®, Rabbids®, Rayman®, Watch Dogs®, Far Cry®, The Crew®, Just Dance® and more.
With an expansive global distribution network, Ubisoft is also a company that stays in close contact with its local fans.
To learn more, please visit: http://www.ubisoftgroup.com .
Ubisoft is committed to creating an inclusive work environment that reflects the diversity of our player community. We are an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age or disability status.
Ubisoft San Francisco began with the success of Rocksmith in 08’, defying expectations and creating a global multi-million-dollar entity with twenty passionate and creative developers. We have expanded that success to include multiple projects and now endeavor to create again something new and unique that will rock the industry. We are in the early stages of developing an action genre Co-Op built upon the foundation of other iconic Ubisoft games and backed by a global entertainment giant that is experiencing record years of creative and financial success.
· Implement system-level and gameplay-supporting systems
· Optimize game code and systems
· Mentor less experienced engineers
· Collaborate with technology director/architect on technical design and feature roll out
· Work with team leads and other engineers to identify systems in need of maintenance, optimization, or refactoring
· Coordinate with leads to ensure smooth roll out of new features
· Review the work of other engineers and provide mentorship
· Create and maintain technical design documents
· 7+ years programming experience
· Shipped at least 4 games as core engineer or equivalent for PS4, PS3, Xbox One, 360, PC, or MacOS
· Mastery of C/C++, with excellent multi-threaded programming techniques
· Bachelor's degree in software engineering, computer science, or equivalent
· Deep understanding of low-level optimizations and core subsystems, memory management, cross-platform development
· Strong experience on several major platforms (PS4, PS3, Xbox One, 360, PC, or MacOS)
· Strong verbal and written communications skills
· Ability to be self-directed, focused, and detail-oriented.
· Experience with technical requirement certification (Sony, Microsoft, etc.)
· Experience on the new generation of consoles (PS4, Xbox One)
· Understanding of streaming file systems
· Experience in networked gameplay
· High level graphics knowledge using Direct3D or OpenGL
· Strong knowledge in 3D math
· Fluency in processor-specific and SIMD programming
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.